Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My BF looks like he is going to get a 2:2, would I be wrong to dump him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nulliverse)
    Pshh I'd drop my partner if they weren't getting a 1st with 90% average in a STEM subject. If they were close to getting a 2.2 I wouldn't even be talking to them let alone getting in a relationship.
    STEM? Ew.

All about those important subjects like Creative Writing and Art!

(lol jokes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    STEM? Ew.

All about those important subjects like Creative Writing and Art!

(lol jokes)
    Funny thing is that it's easier to average 90% in a stem subject than an arts due to subjectivity and all that crap.
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Che Guevaraa)
    Even if it is a troll thread the point remains that you are undoubtedly a loser in life and will certainly not become a millionaire if you get a 2:2.

It's fine if you get a 2:2, retake the final year and you're good. No need to throw a hissy fit because you're insecure.
    tell em how you came to the conclusions that i am a loser and that i am insecure?

i could flip these on you because you are the who got all hot and bothered about my point on a troll thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zangoose)
    If he's doing History or Philosophy then yeah, definitely dump. A 2:2 in either of those is as useful as a quadruple amputee trying to swim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YI2pKXHOg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Che Guevaraa)
    Dump him, he will be broke in the future and will be unable to provide any financial security for you and your children.

It is natural for us to seek for the most ambitious and intelligent partner because they will be likely to lead a rich and fulfilling life.
    I will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Dump him so he can find someone better and not shallow like you.
    GOD DAYUMGURL YOU WENT THERE :five:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titfortat)
    GOD DAYUMGURL YOU WENT THERE :five:
    Yes I did :sexface: nobody messes with me
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    It's the real (unspoken) reason respectable people meet the family before getting serious, you wanna know if they're bad on the inside :nothing: I don't wanna tie myself up with a volatile asset. Altering the language used when describing aspects of existence can portray the same thing in very different ways, you can talk about getting with the hot waitress in a very beautiful way, you don't care about her wealth or her background she makes you happy, or you can talk about it in a dehumanising way where you don't care about a woman other than what she can give you sexually which is why you're happy with her in spite of how one dimensional she is.

I don't want to lose out badly in a divorce court.

The point it to not marry women who are genetically bad. Also I am hypocritical because for me, my own good matters more than the collective good of humanity.
    The point is, having divorced parents is an utterly useless determiner of whether an individual is "genetically bad", due to a multitude of environmental factors which influence the outcome.

Perhaps by the time your balls drop you'll actually see sense.

ReputationRep:
    This thread, and particularly this page (4) makes for a very depressing read, full of grasping, money and status obsessed shallow people who have no interests apart from material enrichment and vainglory. "If she gets fat I'll dump her'. "If he gets a 2ii I'll dump him because he's a loser who won't get a well paid job', 'if she doesn't get her tits done I'll dump her for not looking like a Barbie'.

Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Roasted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    This thread, and particularly this page (4) makes for a very depressing read full of grasping, money and status obsessed shallow people who have no interests apart from material enrichment and vainglory. Horrible.
    ...Or it is people who recognise and foresee the difficulties we will face in the future and realise that financial security is key to surviving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    The point is, having divorced parents is an utterly useless determiner of whether an individual is "genetically bad", due to a multitude of environmental factors which influence the outcome.

Perhaps by the time your balls drop you'll actually see sense.
    >Statistics are meaningless due to random variation

Enjoy ur homeopathic medicine

''If I attack ur masculinity it will prove im rite''

ReputationRep:
    Please break up with him for his sake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    >Statistics are meaningless due to random variation

Enjoy ur homeopathic medicine

''If I attack ur masculinity it will prove im rite''

You do realise natural variation is one of the reasons we have inferential tests to infer meaning from stats

I wasn't attacking your masculinity, but suggesting that you are too young to consider such topics with any rationality. I can't imagine an adult saying they wouldn't consider a partner with divorced grandparents.

ReputationRep:
    Push him and support him to get a 2:1 maybe if you weren't a **** gf he'd be alright, if he was single could probably get a 1st

It depends it'll be hard for him to get a decent job with a 2:2 if he spent all the time he spends with you instead on uni work he will probably get a 1st.

Sounds like you want someone successful and hard working, he may be ****ing up now but may not always.

I have a first you can go out with me if you want if that is all that matters? But I might beat you, abuse you, cheat on you etc lmaoooo you can't really link a grade to having a bf. He may just be partying shagging loads of girls at the moment, he could always go get a 1st in his masters seen it happen alot

This is some dumb question though, it's like me saying I am having chicken for dinner tonight, should I sell my car?

Clearly you are not serious about him or in love with him, so you might as well dump him tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    You do realise natural variation is one of the reasons we have inferential tests to infer meaning from stats

I wasn't attacking your masculinity, but suggesting that you are too young to consider such topics with any rationality. I can't imagine an adult saying they wouldn't consider a partner with divorced grandparents.
    If I ever manage to ******** my way into getting funding, I'm going to run tests on this sort of thing and prove that it's in the blood. If it's in the dog, you'd do well to check the *****.

I was just winding you up, I still think that as a general rule awful people come from awful parents, but actually I'm always prudent to recognise that everyone is an individual.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain what the hell is going on!?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Bulletzone)
    Can someone explain what the hell is going on!?
    We are meant to believe the OP is a real person with a real dilemma and that for her the degree classification of her partner is a serious issue. Most people have come to the view she is shallow. Some do not believe its a real dilemma. In later posts other people have confirmed the importance of degree classification, which others have found shallow and depressing. TSR lives. Its now become a featyred thread. Couldnt make it up.

ReputationRep:
    First i wont totally say your concerns are irrelevant i see you want someone who you can be proud of or something. Its a natural human want but then having 2:2 is not the end of the world. Maybe psychology is not his passion, maybe he wasn't concentrating enough in the past but if you feel he is someone that is serious i guess you should have a talk with him about it and as for you, think of why you got into d relationship in the first place. I feel you should re-evaluate your decision to be with him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.