Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tom Hardy as James Bond? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he's a good match. He's too rugged, too bad boi.

I'd like to see Mr Fassbender as the next Bond.

ReputationRep:
    Too rough looking, Bond is supposed to have that public school ethos, being a bit of a toff who can fight.
    • Very Important Poster

Too short and stocky, just like Hiddlestone was too skinny. Fassbender too intense imo. I think Craig will do a couple more when he has recovered and been offerred a mahoosive pay cheque.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Too short and stocky, just like Hiddlestone was too skinny. Fassbender too intense imo. I think Craig will do a couple more when he has recovered and been offerred a mahoosive pay cheque.
    Craig is too thug looking imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Hiddleston..I agree. I did think of him but I think he'd be better a villain.

This scene is why I think fassbender

ReputationRep:
    Idris Elba should be the next bond. No question.

ReputationRep:

or

ReputationRep:
    Idris Elba for next James Bond
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    ainsley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Edris Elba should be the next bond. No question.
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Idris Elba for next James Bond
    Idris Elba is black. James Bond is white. He doesn't fit the character description.

(Yes, in history hollywood uses white actors/actresses to portray different races, which I of course disagree with).

Should we get a white man to play Nelson Mandela? Or a Japanese transexual to play The Iron Lady?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    ainsley
    He could play the Devil.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    "Nobody cared who I was until I put on the tux..."
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by TheExtrovertGod)
    Craig is too thug looking imo
    He has a track record of success. They make money guaranteed. Thats what you wnat when producing it. I dont think there is an obvious choice at the moment, but in 2 films time there might be. Its a business franchise and they like to make money.
    • Very Important Poster

Idris Elba should be the next bond. No question.
    Dont think the box office is ready for a black bond, the worls mentality isnt that flexible and he wouldnt fit with all the backstory imo. He's too old now anyway. Be interesting to see what he's like in the Dark Tower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Idris Elba is black. James Bond is white. He doesn't fit the character description.

(Yes, in history hollywood uses white actors/actresses to portray different races, which I of course disagree with).

Should we get a white man to play Nelson Mandela? Or a Japanese transexual to play The Iron Lady?
    think i lost some IQ points reading that. wow.

ReputationRep:
    think i lost some IQ points reading that. wow.
    Damn, I'm sorry. Your IQ must be pretty low already if you didn't understand that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Damn, I'm sorry. Your IQ must be pretty low already if you didn't understand that.
    of course. Smfh

ReputationRep:
    I really hope not. I must be the only person who think's Tom Hardy isn't actually that great of an actor... Every performance of him that I've seen is wooden and emotionless. He keeps being cast as this tough guy, yet he doesn't really seem anywhere near the level of Hollywood tough guys like Stallone/Arnie/Willis. They look like action heroes, whereas Tom Hardy looks like he just left the gym IMO...

That said, he was right for the role in Fury Road (Gibson would've been the best though).

As for Bond, I think Elba would be a good choice, but I don't care much for the post-Brosnan overly serious 'James Bourne'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kernel_Coder)
    I really hope not. I must be the only person who think's Tom Hardy isn't actually that great of an actor... Every performance of him that I've seen is wooden and emotionless. He keeps being cast as this tough guy, yet he doesn't really seem anywhere near the level of Hollywood tough guys like Stallone/Arnie/Willis. They look like action heroes, whereas Tom Hardy looks like he just left the gym IMO...

That said, he was right for the role in Fury Road (Gibson would've been the best though).

As for Bond, I think Elba would be a good choice, but I don't care much for the post-Brosnan overly serious 'James Bourne'...
    Hardy is fantastic and I think he's quite versatile. Take Bronson for example.

ReputationRep:
    Henry Cavill would make a good Bond I reckon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.