The Student Room Group

Tom Hardy as James Bond?

I don't think he's a good match. He's too rugged, too bad boi.

I'd like to see Mr Fassbender as the next Bond.

Scroll to see replies

Too rough looking, Bond is supposed to have that public school ethos, being a bit of a toff who can fight.
Too short and stocky, just like Hiddlestone was too skinny. Fassbender too intense imo. I think Craig will do a couple more when he has recovered and been offerred a mahoosive pay cheque.
Original post by 999tigger
Too short and stocky, just like Hiddlestone was too skinny. Fassbender too intense imo. I think Craig will do a couple more when he has recovered and been offerred a mahoosive pay cheque.

Craig is too thug looking imo
Original post by 999tigger

Hiddleston..I agree. I did think of him but I think he'd be better a villain.

This scene is why I think fassbender

[video="youtube;7LFtoz9sERo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFtoz9sERo[/video]
Idris Elba should be the next bond. No question.
(edited 7 years ago)

or
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Idris Elba for next James Bond:wink:
Reply 8
ainsley
Original post by trapking
Edris Elba should be the next bond. No question.

Original post by AfcFob
Idris Elba for next James Bond:wink:

Idris Elba is black. James Bond is white. He doesn't fit the character description.

(Yes, in history hollywood uses white actors/actresses to portray different races, which I of course disagree with).

Should we get a white man to play Nelson Mandela? Or a Japanese transexual to play The Iron Lady?
Original post by Pikachū
ainsley

He could play the Devil.

Spoiler

"Nobody cared who I was until I put on the tux..."
Original post by TheExtrovertGod
Craig is too thug looking imo

He has a track record of success. They make money guaranteed. Thats what you wnat when producing it. I dont think there is an obvious choice at the moment, but in 2 films time there might be. Its a business franchise and they like to make money.
Idris Elba should be the next bond. No question.

Dont think the box office is ready for a black bond, the worls mentality isnt that flexible and he wouldnt fit with all the backstory imo. He's too old now anyway. Be interesting to see what he's like in the Dark Tower.
Original post by hezzlington
Idris Elba is black. James Bond is white. He doesn't fit the character description.

(Yes, in history hollywood uses white actors/actresses to portray different races, which I of course disagree with).

Should we get a white man to play Nelson Mandela? Or a Japanese transexual to play The Iron Lady?

think i lost some IQ points reading that. wow.
think i lost some IQ points reading that. wow.

Damn, I'm sorry. Your IQ must be pretty low already if you didn't understand that.
Original post by hezzlington
Damn, I'm sorry. Your IQ must be pretty low already if you didn't understand that.

of course. Smfh
I really hope not. I must be the only person who think's Tom Hardy isn't actually that great of an actor... Every performance of him that I've seen is wooden and emotionless. He keeps being cast as this tough guy, yet he doesn't really seem anywhere near the level of Hollywood tough guys like Stallone/Arnie/Willis. They look like action heroes, whereas Tom Hardy looks like he just left the gym IMO...

That said, he was right for the role in Fury Road (Gibson would've been the best though).

As for Bond, I think Elba would be a good choice, but I don't care much for the post-Brosnan overly serious 'James Bourne'...
Original post by Kernel_Coder
I really hope not. I must be the only person who think's Tom Hardy isn't actually that great of an actor... Every performance of him that I've seen is wooden and emotionless. He keeps being cast as this tough guy, yet he doesn't really seem anywhere near the level of Hollywood tough guys like Stallone/Arnie/Willis. They look like action heroes, whereas Tom Hardy looks like he just left the gym IMO...

That said, he was right for the role in Fury Road (Gibson would've been the best though).

As for Bond, I think Elba would be a good choice, but I don't care much for the post-Brosnan overly serious 'James Bourne'...

Hardy is fantastic and I think he's quite versatile. Take Bronson for example.
Henry Cavill would make a good Bond I reckon.

Quick Reply