The Student Room Group

How to Revise for *English Literature and Language

Hello, i am in Year 11 and currently, i am on a C for English literature and a B for English Language. I would like to get a high grade as my potential is an A.
How can i achieve this?
HOW do i study, what revision sources do i use?
In English Literature, currently, we are studying the plays of Romeo & Juilet, Jekyll & Hyde, Inspector Calls, and Anthology Poetry, and i struggling on this.
In English Language, i struggle on A05 AND A06 skills, as well as A04 AND A03. Any revision tips? Thanks...
Original post by Batman2k1
Hello, i am in Year 11 and currently, i am on a C for English literature and a B for English Language. I would like to get a high grade as my potential is an A.
How can i achieve this?
HOW do i study, what revision sources do i use?
In English Literature, currently, we are studying the plays of Romeo & Juilet, Jekyll & Hyde, Inspector Calls, and Anthology Poetry, and i struggling on this.
In English Language, i struggle on A05 AND A06 skills, as well as A04 AND A03. Any revision tips? Thanks...

Try the AQA English Language Revision Guide by Harry Smith and the matching workbook. This takes you through each question with examples and exercises. Read lots! Quality newspapers, especially the opinion or comment sections. Look online for the Guardian 'Comment is free' and then use the search option to find a topic that interests you.
Ask your teacher for the model answers which they can access on the exam board website.
For the Lit texts there are a lot of study guides out there (apart from the poetry). The JB Priestley Society have a good website with analysis of the play that would impress an examiner. http://www.jbpriestleysociety.com/an-inspector-calls/
As well as the close textual analysis, you will need to write knowledgeably about the plays and prose, so read about them and see what other people have said before coming to your own conclusions.

Quick Reply

Latest