Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does height matter?... Please help Watch

Hello girls, im 5ft 5 and 5ft 6 in shoes i feel disappointed because i thought i would grow taller but since im 20 im done growing.. lately i've been focusing on dating issues related to height and how women needs someone tall even when ppl tell me go for short girls it seems that short girls below 5ft 3 or 5ft 3 needs someone 6ft+ So my question is only for girls and please give me the honest truth not matter how heartbreaking is it dont emphasize with me.. Would girls mind only when the guy is shorter than them? Would they also mind if the guy is the same height? Am i safe at dating girls the same height as me at 5ft 5? Or they would find it too short to be same height as them, If you can give me a spectrum it would be awesome too thanks .

ReputationRep:
    If they're a decent human being, something like height shouldn't really be a problem in the first place. It's not like you can control it

ReputationRep:
    If your height really means that much to someone then it's not worth dating them... Some girls won't mind and some will. Just be yourself and be confident, that's the most important thing, and don't worry about it.

(Personally, I'm only 5'0 so idgaf about height)

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Let's make it clear that it differs from person to person. I'm 5'10 (female) and I personally can't be in a relationship with someone shorter than me(not at this moment in my life anyway), even if I really like them. I know girls though who are taller than they're boyfriends and they have no issue with it! I don't thing there's a general rule (or spectrum, as you call it) about this things, as 1. everyone is an individual with different tastes 2. all circumstances are unique so you can never accurately judge.

Just be cool with who you are, get over it, there's not much you can do about it, so make the best out of it and learn to live with it. Don't contemplate your height your nose your feet, nothing. If you can't change it, the only thing you achieve by thinking about it is stressing yourself out.

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    If they're a decent human being, something like height shouldn't really be a problem in the first place. It's not like you can control it
    I know that, but that wasnt my question sorry but i dont need motivation or good words i just need answers and truth works better for me than good words yeah i have a weird mindset ^^ we all know girls like tall guys i just need some more details like if im the same height as the girl at 5ft 5 would that bother ? How often would it work and how many of the shorter girls will go for a guy at my height not for 6ft+ etc.. ty for reply tho <3

ReputationRep:
    No ! It doesn't matter

(Original post by elekro)
    Hi. Let's make it clear that it differs from person to person. I'm 5'10 (female) and I personally can't be in a relationship with someone shorter than me(not at this moment in my life anyway), even if I really like them. I know girls though who are taller than they're boyfriends and they have no issue with it! I don't thing there's a general rule (or spectrum, as you call it) about this things, as 1. everyone is an individual with different tastes 2. all circumstances are unique so you can never accurately judge.

Just be cool with who you are, get over it, there's not much you can do about it, so make the best out of it and learn to live with it. Don't contemplate your height your nose your feet, nothing. If you can't change it, the only thing you achieve by thinking about it is stressing yourself out.
    I know i can't change it and thats sad actually im just thinking about it because im trying to solve the issue in my mind first by asking and knowing how its actually is is it too bad, bad or kinda normal i just need to figure these things out to be able to skip this issue off my mind.. i dont talk to my friends or ppl in real life about this while its kinda depressing me because im a person of high ego i dont like mentioning my insecurities.. im just trying to get a little relief talking to you ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel2311)
    I know i can't change it and thats sad actually im just thinking about it because im trying to solve the issue in my mind first by asking and knowing how its actually is is it too bad, bad or kinda normal i just need to figure these things out to be able to skip this issue off my mind.. i dont talk to my friends or ppl in real life about this while its kinda depressing me because im a person of high ego i dont like mentioning my insecurities.. im just trying to get a little relief talking to you ..
    okay let me a bit nicer then. I'm sure there are a lot of girls out there who won't mind your height what matters the most is to have a good personality and be a nice person. height is minor and superficial, so the right person won't even notice it

(Original post by Supernova91)
    No ! It doesn't matter
    Sorry, i dont mean to be rude but i think you are not honest with me.. i watched youtube videos and checked out many researches which includes that women dont like "shorter guys" which almost all of the women instantly said no after the question.. but what these sources didnt talk about was guys the same height as the girls which im trying to figure right now would girls treat guys the same height the same as they treat guys shorter than them? Or it would make a difference since most girls are my height or shorter than me or slightly taller but the average is my height... thanks for reply 😂

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i dont mean to be rude but i think you are not honest with me.. i watched youtube videos and checked out many researches which includes that women dont like "shorter guys" which almost all of the women instantly said no after the question.. but what these sources didnt talk about was guys the same height as the girl which is im trying to know right now would girls treat guys the same height as guy shorter than her? Or it would make a difference since most girls are my height or shorter than me or slightly taller but the average is my height... thanks for reply 😂
    Why would I not be honest . Why would they not treat u the same . Not a nice person If they were cruel to u because of your height . Better off without them

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same height as you - 5'5.5 and 5'6 in my shoes
    yes, to the vast majority of women height does matter, there's no getting around it
    but does that mean you can't make up for it? hell no
    I actually have a date on friday night because I was able to charm a girl and express common interests
    I think she's pretty much my height - was it a problem? maybe, but did she look past it? apparently so
    always be your super-you - but more importantly, don't let the world force you into a pointless mentality of inferiority
    sure, height is quite important, but so long as you're intelligent, funny, talented, handsome, stylish, etc, who really cares?
    in fact, don't think of your height as a negative thing - suit your height. wear it to your own advantage.
    and by that, I mean be confident in it - don't be so conscious of it and you, and everybody else, will disregard it
    • Very Important Poster

It matters to some. There are many millions of women. Focus on the ones where iys not an issue. You only need to hook up with one at a time. You are talking in generalities whereas all women dont think the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"2 so idgaf as long as the guy is attractive to me, and a good and interesting and intelligent person ^_^ x
    To be honest you're asking this on TSR where most of the people here think of intelligence as one of the determining factors in someone... XD

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i dont mean to be rude but i think you are not honest with me.. i watched youtube videos and checked out many researches which includes that women dont like "shorter guys" which almost all of the women instantly said no after the question.. but what these sources didnt talk about was guys the same height as the girls which im trying to figure right now would girls treat guys the same height the same as they treat guys shorter than them? Or it would make a difference since most girls are my height or shorter than me or slightly taller but the average is my height... thanks for reply 😂
    Agree ppl aren't being entirely honest with you. People are pretending height is of no importance, but it is, there is no doubt that being short for a boy is a negative, not an absolute no no but something of a negative, just like being overweight, or having a few spots, or losing your hair (at a young age, it matters less when older). The significance of height as a factor varies from one girl to another, just as for you the signifiicance of a girls weight, having good/not so good legs, having well shaped boobs/flat chest, her hair, all will vary in significance from one boy to another.

I would say your chances are far better with shorter girls but if youre confident and otherwise reasonably nice looking and dress well, if youre interesting, intelligent and funny you shouldnt assume a girl will rule you out because shes your height or even a little taller, but she may! C'est la vie!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    yes

girls here will lie and say no to feel better.

ReputationRep:
    A guy being tall is a desirable trait for most women, that's an unavoidable fact. However, that's not to say girls won't go for a shorter guy.

ReputationRep:
    http://i.imgur.com/Jqq4A.jpg
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    A guy being tall is a desirable trait for most women, that's an unavoidable fact. However, that's not to say girls won't go for a shorter guy.
    Because there is more than one girl and they have different preferences? Some girls dont mind it, but others would definitely not consider it. The problem with TSR is that you are more likely to get the ones responding who say it isnt an issue, which can give a false impression.

Yeah of course it matters. People would be lying if they said otherwise tbh. People don't want to date a guy who's shorter than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    Nobody can control what their face looks like.

Does that mean that nobody "decent" cares about the facial appearance of their partner?

Lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.