Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratesfam)
    In your opinion, is Durham better than Oxford or is Oxford worse than Durham? Pick one.
    Durham is too far North for me to comprehend
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Farsi baladi?

And how fluent?
    I don't speak Farsi unfortunately, save for a few words and phrases here and there it is a source of great sadness for me, and I am currently in the throes of learning - I can ask where the train station is so I guess you can say I'm fluent
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    SinsNotTragedies don't waste your student loan on stupid **** :laugh:
    Loool :rofl: many of my friends have learned this the hard way :lol: - (un)fortunately none of my uni friends are the enabling type and when I go out with them I barely part with a penny :moon:

(Original post by serah.exe)
    :rofl:
    What's your favourite song?
    What's your favourite music video?
    Mrs potato head for both of them WOW - I used to listen to it 928392842392020 times a day 374729472829 days a week (not even lying one bit srs)

The video was disgusting I loved it - when I first saw the skin peeling bit I was hooked :afraid: and I couldn't stop watching and I still watch that video. It is kinda sad in a way and it gave me an aversion to plastic surgery :yucky:

Yours? :gah:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Mrs potato head for both of them WOW - I used to listen to it 928392842392020 times a day 374729472829 days a week (not even lying one bit srs)

The video was disgusting I loved it - when I first saw the skin peeling bit I was hooked :afraid: and I couldn't stop watching and I still watch that video. It is kinda sad in a way and it gave me an aversion to plastic surgery :yucky:

Yours? :gah:
    Her voice and the lyrics and the music video for Mrs Potato Head is amazing. :daydreaming:
    YES. It's probably the most gory out of the other music videos, especially when they stuffed her boobs :afraid:. But I like the message; u r beautiful and u dont need plastic surgery

Personally I like Mad Hatter :teeth:, but there's no music video for that yet
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Her voice and the lyrics and the music video for Mrs Potato Head is amazing. :daydreaming:
    YES. It's probably the most gory out of the other music videos, especially when they stuffed her boobs :afraid:. But I like the message; u r beautiful and u dont need plastic surgery

Personally I like Mad Hatter :teeth:, but there's no music video for that yet
    God yeah - I nearly died from shock seeing that part :puke: - it was so sad she was so beautiful and this MAN goes and ruins her face and life like MEN always do; down with the patriarchy :judge: (jk :emo:)

Yes the message stood out for me (honestly it acc did a lot for my self confidence strangely) - personally I think they should broadcast the video to schools across the country bc it will be effective, vote for me as secretary of state for education and I will make sure it happens

Will there be a video for it? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hello there Any other artists you enjoy? Maybe Hayley Kiyoko, or Dua Lipa?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Hello there Any other artists you enjoy? Maybe Hayley Kiyoko, or Dua Lipa?
    Hayley Kiyoko! I have liked her since I heard girls like girls, which ironically, I used to avoid on youtube whenever autoplay put it on XD - any songs you suggest from her? Not really a fan of Dua Lipa, but I like Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds... erm, and a few bands :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hayley Kiyoko! I have liked her since I heard girls like girls, which ironically, I used to avoid on youtube whenever autoplay put it on XD - any songs you suggest from her? Not really a fan of Dua Lipa, but I like Lana Del Rey, Marina and the Diamonds... erm, and a few bands :yep:
    She had a new album out, "Citrus", I believe it's called. Heard a few songs off of the album that I enjoyed.

Ohh yissss, Marina and the Diamonds have some great stuff. "Froot" really grew on me. I'm a fan of the weird electronic groove vibes she had going on in that song.

Right now I'm kinda hooked on kpop, so I'm not caught up on new music. I'm all about Mura Masa tho, so check that out
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    She had a new album out, "Citrus", I believe it's called. Heard a few songs off of the album that I enjoyed.

Ohh yissss, Marina and the Diamonds have some great stuff. "Froot" really grew on me. I'm a fan of the weird electronic groove vibes she had going on in that song.

Right now I'm kinda hooked on kpop, so I'm not caught up on new music. I'm all about Mura Masa tho, so check that out
    I think I will listen to it now bc I have a lot of time to spare :woo:

Looool 'Froot really grew on me' :teehee: are you a tree? :rofl: Idk why I find that so funny sorry XD

I never got into Kpop I must be missing out on something considering its surge in popularity :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I think I will listen to it now bc I have a lot of time to spare :woo:

Looool 'Froot really grew on me' :teehee: are you a tree? :rofl: Idk why I find that so funny sorry XD

I never got into Kpop I must be missing out on something considering its surge in popularity :sad:
    aw geez, didn't even realise I'd made that pun :laugh:

You areeee missing outtttt. Is there a particular genre you like? I could refer you to a song and mayyyybe get you into it kpop is too vast a genre to be contained in one label tbh...A lot of its charm is in its music videos. They feel like they have the production value of a Hollywood blockbuster.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    aw geez, didn't even realise I'd made that pun :laugh:

You areeee missing outtttt. Is there a particular genre you like? I could refer you to a song and mayyyybe get you into it kpop is too vast a genre to be contained in one label tbh...A lot of its charm is in its music videos. They feel like they have the production value of a Hollywood blockbuster.
    It was a very good one; the best puns are always the unintentional ones :lol:

I have a particular penchant for non-English language rap music, if there is anything along those lines you would recommend? XD

Oh yes, I watched a few videos - from the artist G dragon, or something like that

ReputationRep:

I have a particular penchant for non-English language rap music, if there is anything along those lines you would recommend? XD

Oh yes, I watched a few videos - from the artist G dragon, or something like that
    Ohhh GD, he has some great stuff. He's in a group called BigBang, and there's another pretty cool rapper named TOP. Here's a music vid.

ReputationRep:

this is from a show called "Show Me The Money". One of my fave performances of the season.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh GD, he has some great stuff. He's in a group called BigBang, and there's another pretty cool rapper named TOP. Here's a music vid.
    Yooooo 1:45 onwards it gets LIT ngl - that was acc quite cool :eek2:

this is from a show called "Show Me The Money". One of my fave performances of the season.
    The other people's reactions are funny lmao :lol: - not the type of rap I like though, the first clip was more the style I tend to like

ReputationRep:
    Yooooo 1:45 onwards it gets LIT ngl - that was acc quite cool :eek2:
    The other people's reactions are funny lmao :lol: - not the type of rap I like though, the first clip was more the style I tend to like
    Shame TOP doesn't make more solo songs. He's got an interesting sound.
    I'm not sure if you've heard this, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZRb1we80kM is another great song by GD and Taeyang (both in BigBang (as you can tell, I really like BB)).

Anything else I can interest you in? XD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    God yeah - I nearly died from shock seeing that part :puke: - it was so sad she was so beautiful and this MAN goes and ruins her face and life like MEN always do; down with the patriarchy :judge: (jk :emo:)

Yes the message stood out for me (honestly it acc did a lot for my self confidence strangely) - personally I think they should broadcast the video to schools across the country bc it will be effective, vote for me as secretary of state for education and I will make sure it happens

Will there be a video for it? :eek:
    Exactly
    Did you notice the part where he cuts off a bit of her hair while she's on the bed, and then when she wakes up he shows her the wig :emo:
    #FEMINISM

Yes that's so good! Melanie Martinez songs might be creepy, but they are powerful :daydreaming:

YES. She said she wants a music video for all her songs in her Crybaby album

Omg good you made this
      Where do you buy your printer ink from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Omg good you made this
      Where do you buy your printer ink from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Loool is it good bc you need printer advice? XD I must profess, I am no printer expert.

My parents buy me ink and send it to me lmao, but Argos is a good shout generally. Compare prices online (Asda, supermarkets and other shops) to see which is cheapest, bc somewhere will stock it far cheaper so it makes sense to shop around

Tbh, I am not sure whether you were just participating in my AMA or looking for advice but I tried to fulfil both of those things :lol:
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by retro_turtles)
      Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?
      First page :

(Original post by sleepysnooze)
      haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.