Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Slept with my friend and now I have warts Watch

So my friend and I have always had a sort of " attraction" and our friends used to comment on it and all, but we'd just smile and say no. Anyways just before Christmas we finally kissed and was feeling pretty happy and all and then we ended up going back to mine and having sex.

Anyways we ended up kissing again at a New Years party in front of all our friends and ended up having sex again, but shortly after that I found out that I have warts :/ I was really confused because I'd used protection always when having sex and I hadn't done oral sex either without protection. And now am not sure what to say to my friend? We haven't talked about us hooking up and I haven't told him about the warts; we've just carried on as normal and pretended that it never happened,

but my friends are all telling me to get with him again :/ but I can hardly do that knowing am having treatment at the moment and I do want to tell him but I am afraid that he'll be disgusted etc or it'll just ruin things, plus also there's nothing he can do, as in he can't get a test for the warts or even know if he has them or who gave them to who? So I don't want him to freak out unnecessarily or feel that's it was his fault because even though we used protection I still got it; so there's nothing he could've done more .. i feel that maybe I should cool off for a bit, but I don't want to seem distant or uninterested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    :toofunny:
    How is that funny!?
    Sorry to hear this has happened op. You can still contract genital warts even if you use condoms as they are passed from skin to skin contact, although using them does reduce the risk. I hope you're treatment is going well. It's nothing to be ashamed of but I can see why you would be wary of telling him, there's the chance he might have given you the virus anyway. You could wait till the warts have gone and then start things up again or have a word with him and hopefully he'll be understanding. Although obviously don't have sexual contact during treatment as you could pass it on.

ReputationRep:
    you should tell him so he does not pass on this distressing condition to other people.

(Original post by the bear)
    you should tell him so he does not pass on this distressing condition to other people.
    Agreed I will tell him, but there's noway of knowing if he's got it, or if I gave it to him or he gave it to me. Men can't get tested and show no symptoms :/ so when he does know, he won't be able to anything except just continue using condoms which is what we did in the first place anyways :/

(Original post by Ella-keturah)
    How is that funny!?
    Sorry to hear this has happened op. You can still contract genital warts even if you use condoms as they are passed from skin to skin contact, although using them does reduce the risk. I hope you're treatment is going well. It's nothing to be ashamed of but I can see why you would be wary of telling him, there's the chance he might have given you the virus anyway. You could wait till the warts have gone and then start things up again or have a word with him and hopefully he'll be understanding. Although obviously don't have sexual contact during treatment as you could pass it on.
    Thanks for being understanding yeah sounds like good advice , I guess I'm just feeling rubbish right now as I feel that Im being punnished for no reason as I did take precaution and that this is going to ruin things :/ it's a hard thing to for someone to understand and I get it f they'd be grossed out etc

Men can get warts . As far as STDs go it is very common and very treatable.

If you go to a sexual health clinic they will be able to inform precious partners that they 'might want to come and get tested'. They won't tell them who has made the tip off.

The watts virus can remain dormant for years so he may not even have it anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.