Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really want a girlfriend. Watch

Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    Just show her your sick rep on the TSR, that'll make her ****ing drip mate
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Want one but don't need one.

Erm okay... Don't be desperate, that's really unsettling for a lot of girls.

(Original post by UWS)
    Want one but don't need one.

Erm okay... Don't be desperate, that's really unsettling for a lot of girls.

"Needing" is desperate.

"Wanting" = if a girl so happened to walk in my life that was dating-material would be really nice.
    • Political Ambassador

Just hang out more with your crushes, build your friendship slowly, but effective, let them be aware of your feelings through little gestures and then become more intimate. (not at the same time with all the crushes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    Why do you want a girl friend?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIQ9b1FcWxw
    • Political Ambassador

Why do you want a girl friend?
    Not because he would possibly need one...........:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sager-Advice)
    Just show her your sick rep on the TSR, that'll make her ****ing drip mate
    ain't that the truth

:borat:
    • Political Ambassador

OP made it clear that he only wanted one and didn't need one. Some my question remains but I add another question to it, why would you need a girl friend?
    Maybe he feels like his life is incomplete without a gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Just hang out more with your crushes, build your friendship slowly, but effective, let them be aware of your feelings through little gestures and then become more intimate. (not at the same time with all the crushes)
    That only works if you're a girl. If you're guy, this will at best get you a friend and at worst... self-hate and emotional distress.

Guy strategy is: find a girl you like. Tell her you like her asap. Be rejected. Try again till you actually find a girl that likes you back.

Repeat if necessary. Die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)

If he can go under the radar and do it to all his crushes without the others being aware then he should do so. When it comes to dating I wouldn't suggest a guy initially put all his eggs in one basket unless he absolutely has to. What if he spends 6 mths hanging out with a crush, building the relationship, moving all his chess pieces into play ...waiting for that perfect moment .......then he finally lays it all on the line and confesses his feeling .......and the girl turns round and says "nah mate, we're just friends"

that's a lot of time wasted he'll never get back.

best to plant seeds with multiple girls imo, and leave it no longer than 1 mth before making your feelings known,and if it's a no ...start looking for someone else...
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by RainbowMan)
    That only works if you're a girl. If you're guy, this will at best get you a friend and at worst... self-hate and emotional distress.

Guy strategy is: find a girl you like. Tell her you like her asap. Be rejected. Try again till you actually find a girl that likes you back.

Repeat if necessary. Die.
    :rofl:

Well, have you though that guys might scare them off when they instantly put their feelings on a plate like that?

ReputationRep:
    You've been single for a few years? Try being single for your whole life, you have no idea how hard it is for me. You think you have it bad? Buddy, you have no idea.
    • Political Ambassador

Personally, I feel as if you should already be in a good place in your life and know where you are going in life before you bring someone else into it to be a part of it. You shouldn't rely on a relationship to complete your life, your life should already be fulfilled and the relationship only adds to it.
    I completely agree with you, no one should ever rely on someone else to fulfill their life.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by ANM775)
    If he can go under the radar and do it to all his crushes without the others being aware then he should do so. When it comes to dating I wouldn't suggest a guy initially put all his eggs in one basket unless he absolutely has to. What if he spends 6 mths hanging out with a crush, building the relationship, moving all his chess pieces into play ...waiting for that perfect moment .......then he finally lays it all on the line and confesses his feeling .......and the girl turns round and says "nah mate, we're just friends"

that's a lot of time wasted he'll never get back.

best to plant seeds with multiple girls imo, and leave it no longer than 1 mth before making your feelings known,and if it's a no ...start looking for someone else...
    What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    :rofl:

Well, have you though that guys might scare them off when they instantly put their feelings on a plate like that?
    I don't know anything about getting girls, I was mildly trolling. I'm like Borat really when it comes to girls. I'll be like "HEY, I LIKE U, U LIKE I??". Usually they find it funny and it works. That's it.

And it's not like you'll declare your eternal love. You just make it very obvious that you like her like her and don't see her as a friend.

Your advice that you should start off knowing each other and becoming friends and etc is the surest way to turn boys into red pill readers and future Meninists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for OP?

then he gonna be like dis

Spoiler:
    Show

on a serious note though, he'll be in a good position where he can pick and choose the one he likes the most, perhaps keep a couple as backup too incase the one he picks doesn't work out. Girls do this sort of thing of all the time when they have multiple guys who like them.

• Political Ambassador

(Original post by RainbowMan)
    I don't know anything about getting girls, I was mildly trolling. I'm like Borat really when it comes to girls. I'll be like "HEY, I LIKE U, U LIKE I??". Usually they find it funny and it works. That's it.

And it's not like you'll declare your eternal love. You just make it very obvious that you like her like her and don't see her as a friend.

Your advice that you should start off knowing each other and becoming friends and etc is the surest way to turn boys into red pill readers and future Meninists.
    "HEY, I LIKE U, U LIKE I??" surely makes every lady fall in love with you.. :laugh:

Imo, a great relationship evolves into something more serious and not just casual if you're actually friends before so you'll know for sure that she is the person you were looking for. People move too fast nowadays and only seek the result without actually enjoying it. But then again, he REALLY WANTS a girlfriend so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    What if he hangs out with 5 girls and they all start developing feelings for the OP?
    pick one, tell the others you want to be friends lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?
    Just be your self man! and stop trying to force fate. Chill and be yourself around the female. If you both click together and hit the ground running, then you have got over the first hurdle. The worst thing you can do is 'think what to say!' That's when you come across nervous and uneasy.

Shake and bake fella 🤜🏻🤛🏻

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.