Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really want a girlfriend. Watch

• Political Ambassador

(Original post by ANM775)

Spoiler:
    Show

on a serious note though, he'll be in a good position where he can pick and choose the one he likes the most, perhaps keep a couple as backup too incase the one he picks doesn't work out. Girls do this sort of thing of all the time when they have multiple guys who like them.

Lol, keep as backup. That's not a cool thing to do and he might end up really confused as he can't really focus on any of them well enough in order to be sure what she's really like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Lol, keep as backup. That's not a cool thing to do and he might end up really confused as he can't really focus on any of them well enough in order to be sure what she's really like.

you're right,it's not a cool thing to do... but people do it all the same. Girls have done it to me before. I spent about 3 mths as backup guy before I realized what this girl was actually doing

the dating game isn't particularly kind or fair at times ....but that's life I guess....
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    pick one, tell the others you want to be friends lol.
    But these girls aren't fruits in the grocery store. Putting them in the basket and then only buying one..

I think if all a guy thinks about is ''I WANT TO MAKE HER MY GIRLFRIEND" when talking to every girl is really weird.
    • Political Ambassador

you're right,it's not a cool thing to do... but people do it all the same. Girls have done it to me before. I spent about 3 mths as backup guy before I realized what this girl was actually doing

the dating game isn't particularly kind or fair at times ....but that's life I guess....
    Aw.

See? She made you feel horrible so no one should be motivated to do the same to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    But these girls aren't fruits in the grocery store. Putting them in the basket and then only buying one..

I think if all a guy thinks about is ''I WANT TO MAKE HER MY GIRLFRIEND" when talking to every girl is really weird.
    From my point of view, I speak to everyone, but if a girl is attractive I'll get to know her and see if she has a personality that would be a good match with me for a relationship. Doesn't take long to figure out if you'd be better off as friends though.

Kinda rare to find real love imo, have to meet a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Aw.

See? She made you feel horrible so no one should be motivated to do the same to someone else.

Honestly, when talking to girls or beginning dating I would prefer to do it 1 at a time, and for her to be just talking to me also.

Unfortunately as I have found, most girls do not operate like this ...and they will be dating around or talking to multiple guys ...therefore it is silly for me to put all my eggs in one basket with just one girl as most likely she may decide to go off with another guy.

Also if OP has not made his feelings clear to the girl, then he does not know if she does indeed like him back. It would suck big time If he spent like 6mths on one girl and she turned round and told him she didn't like him,and in the meantime a different girl who he liked who was actually open to him is now in a relationship with another guy because he didn't show interest or start talking to her

ReputationRep:
    Show her a really dank meme
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    From my point of view, I speak to everyone, but if a girl is attractive I'll get to know her and see if she has a personality that would be a good match with me for a relationship. Doesn't take long to figure out if you'd be better off as friends though.

Kinda rare to find real love imo, have to meet a lot of people.
    Yes, I speak to everyone as well, but not flirt with everyone to see who would flirt with me back lol. If someone actually seems like a good match and seems interested I focus on that person.

The love you experience with someone is never the same as you've experienced with someone else, but some may have to meet a lot of people to figure out the real deal or some might just be lucky.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?
    Just ask! its either they have the same feeling for you or you get rejected.. you'd regret if you didn't ask
    • Political Ambassador

Honestly, when talking to girls or beginning dating I would prefer to do it 1 at a time, and for her to be just talking to me also.

Unfortunately as I have found, most girls do not operate like this ...and they will be dating around or talking to multiple guys ...therefore it is silly for me to put all my eggs in one basket with just one girl as most likely she may decide to go off with another guy.

Also if OP has not made his feelings clear to the girl, then he does not know if she does indeed like him back. It would suck big time If he spent like 6mths on one girl and she turned round and told him she didn't like him,and in the meantime a different girl who he liked who was actually open to him is now in a relationship with another guy because he didn't show interest or start talking to her
    I mean everyone is free to talk to everyone, but no one should have the privilege to lead someone on.

And I agree there's a risk he has to assume. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Let me get this clear, I want a girlfriend, I don't need one

I've been single for 2,5 years now. I've had crushes, but I got to anxious; I've have flings, but they didn't work out; and I've had dates, but I ended up being turned off or wasn't interested in them at way.

So I really want to be able to ask my crushes out, but I still find it hard to "man up" and ask them out - or I struggle with spotting the signs the girls like me.

What can I do?
    You're lying to yourself. If you didn't need one, you wouldn't be asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    ain't that the truth

:borat:
    Why does that emoji look like ChickenMadness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    "HEY, I LIKE U, U LIKE I??" surely makes every lady fall in love with you.. :laugh:

Imo, a great relationship evolves into something more serious and not just casual if you're actually friends before so you'll know for sure that she is the person you were looking for. People move too fast nowadays and only seek the result without actually enjoying it. But then again, he REALLY WANTS a girlfriend so..
    Laugh it up but I've asked 3 girls in my life out and I've gotten 3 yeses. 3/3 for Borat boy. Thx.

I've heard too many guys claim they've been led on by girls who thought they were "just friends". I 100% get your point but guys need to be clear from the outset that they aren't looking for just a friend.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by RainbowMan)
    Laugh it up but I've asked 3 girls in my life out and I've gotten 3 yeses. 3/3 for Borat boy. Thx.

I've heard too many guys claim they've been led on by girls who thought they were "just friends". I 100% get your point but guys need to be clear from the outset that they aren't looking for just a friend.
    BORAT BOY. :rofl: That's what I'm going to call you from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Dress up a Dakimakura.

ReputationRep:
    If you're in education don't bother. I mean go neck and sleep with all the girls you want but don't bother with a relationship. IMO it's just a complete barrier to your goals in life which you do of course have in mind. Once you have settled then you can make yourself a little more open and free to settle with the right individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    Personally, I feel as if you should already be in a good place in your life and know where you are going in life before you bring someone else into it to be a part of it. You shouldn't rely on a relationship to complete your life, your life should already be fulfilled and the relationship only adds to it.
    Exactly how I feel. Too many people paper over the cracks in their sh*t life because they brought somebody else in who probably has just as sh*t life to 'complete' them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    If you're in education don't bother. I mean go neck and sleep with all the girls you want but don't bother with a relationship. IMO it's just a complete barrier to your goals in life which you do of course have in mind. Once you have settled then you can make yourself a little more open and free to settle with the right individual.
    Pretty much exactly what happened to my mate. He gave up on his education to be with some girl who cheated on him and left him. Now he's stuck in some crap job.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been too much of a scaredy cat to ask a girl out
    When i talk to a girl i like
    and we talk alot
    i start flirting little by little
    like if a girl said something that slightly can be interpretted sexual you make a joke about it
    like a girl accidentally touched my bum
    and i was like i know you want me alot but please show some restraint everyone wants me
    she will probably laugh
    then will be more comfortable about you throwing in abit of flirting
    then throw it in quite a bunch in convo
    eventually she will get the message
    and when u drop a flirty message
    just say something like i used to like you before
    depending on how she responds you proceed
    if bad run
    if good (why did u stop, why didnt u say anything) just say idk how you would feel about it
    and if you both admit you like eachother
    you cannot fail when asking her out
    idk why i dont ask a girl out unless its 95% clear
    but that helps your ask out ratio to be higher
    and no need to feel awkward
    for some girls they like the guy to be straight forward so you can be sent to the friendzone at times
    i've found my way around it
    message if u need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BashCrash)
    I've always been too much of a scaredy cat to ask a girl out
    When i talk to a girl i like
    and we talk alot
    i start flirting little by little
    like if a girl said something that slightly can be interpretted sexual you make a joke about it
    like a girl accidentally touched my bum
    and i was like i know you want me alot but please show some restraint everyone wants me
    she will probably laugh
    then will be more comfortable about you throwing in abit of flirting
    then throw it in quite a bunch in convo
    eventually she will get the message
    and when u drop a flirty message
    just say something like i used to like you before
    depending on how she responds you proceed
    if bad run
    if good (why did u stop, why didnt u say anything) just say idk how you would feel about it
    and if you both admit you like eachother
    you cannot fail when asking her out
    idk why i dont ask a girl out unless its 95% clear
    but that helps your ask out ratio to be higher
    and no need to feel awkward
    for some girls they like the guy to be straight forward so you can be sent to the friendzone at times
    i've found my way around it
    message if u need help

not reading all that

sort the formatting out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.