Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is clean shaven more attractive than stubble or bbeards? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am female my boyfriend who is 31 says he shaves everyday, we had a conversation the other day I asked him why and he says because he hates facial hair, now this got me thinking a lot of guys have some form of facial hair ie beard or stubble, now i hate beards and even stubble in my honest opinion, and i like my bf having a clean shaved face but I am sure I read online somewhere that stubble is more attractive than beards and being clean shaven what is your view

ReputationRep:
    Polls and statistics suggest that a facial hair length of 4mm comes out on top in terms of what's most attractive.

ReputationRep:
    let's just say stubble looks good but clean shaven feels much better when kissing it's really a matter of taste

ReputationRep:
    Depends what looks better on the individual

ReputationRep:
    Never shave the pubes!

You get a nasty rash!

ReputationRep:
    I shave once a week as I'm lazy and work don't complain.

I can't leave it much longer than that as the itching does my head in.

The general consensus is that I look best with a bit of stubble going on and wifey kinda likes the scraping.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Beards are "in" at the moment, but I can imagine it takes a while to get through the itchy phase.

Always choose a guy with a beard, if he's willing to put up with that, he's likely to be able to put up with anything you can throw at him.

ReputationRep:
    beards are the manly option. men who remove their facial hair each day want to be women. which is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Only if it suits their face and they are actually capable of growing a beard. I sometimes see men with patchy, thin beards who definitely would look better clean shaven.

Good facial hair:

http://mediamass.net/jdd/public/docu...ities/1566.jpg

Bad facial hair:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....07554195_r.jpg

& the many examples of untrimmed 'lumbersexual' beards that are 'in' at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I am always clean shaven, and would be anyway more Jacob than Esau. I enjoy the ritual of it, the several minutes of quiet. In incidental detail, I also shave my underarms, though I don't know what women would make of that (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Polls and statistics suggest that a facial hair length of 4mm comes out on top in terms of what's most attractive.
    I lurrrrvv me some facial hair on a man :heart:

ReputationRep:
    I always preferred bearded, assuming you have the face/facial hair for it (plenty of men don't).

However it is best if you keep it relatively tidy, otherwise well meaning people will starting asking you "Can I buy you some food?" or "Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    I always preferred bearded
    intriguing tense. I always preferred it... when I was gay? ... before I developed alopecia?

ReputationRep:
    All depends on his face and what suits it but personally I do think stubble makes most guys look hella sexy

Its the male equivalent of having messy bed hair, it just sort of add thats edge to you

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend has a beard (not huge tho) and I love it, it really suits him. But it really just depends on the person and what suits their face and also how thick their beards are.

ReputationRep:
    Good facial hair > clean shaven > bad facial hair

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what the polls say. That is societies views.

ReputationRep:
    Stubble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    & the many examples of untrimmed 'lumbersexual' beards that are 'in' at the moment.
    "lumbersexual" :toofunny:

(Original post by Time Mate)
      Never shave the pubes!

You get a nasty rash!
      I'm happy proving you wrong.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.