Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ayy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    We have different skills. I consider my primary ability to be mathematical, but that's another thing. I left home when I was 16 and scored these marks after never turning up, but just having a crack at the essays. If I had taken A level maths instead, I think I'd have found it incredibly easy. But whatever, here we are
    I dunno, I feel like with that essay the time I spent didn't really make that much of a difference (and it wasn't a crazy amount, a pretty standard amount I believe, but that comes to more than a few hours lol), and if I'd knocked out an essay quickly it would be the same in terms of actual marks, it would just read worse as an essay in and of itself, despite being of equal quality according to the mark scheme. English was always my best subject and I used to be a terrific writer relative to my age; sadly, perhaps due to lack of practice, I now find that I am decidedly unimpressive and, even worse, woefully lacking in creativity. With regards to the exam my revision was very light and I spent all my time in lessons sniping people on CoD WaW lmao. Probably did less work for that than coursework. But yeah you would have found A level maths incredibly easy, largely because it is, for two kinds of people: those who are good at maths, and those who are hard working. Of course, those who are both will be in an even better spot. I suppose I was both, although I'm not great at maths. I sort of apply my verbal intelligence to maths rather than having an innate mathematical intelligence, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I never felt talented at it but I was able to reason through everything with logical arguments.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    It's alright, tbh I do need good grades in this since I want to pursue a combinations of the arts and sciences as a degree. I must cling on. I think what ruined Lit for me, was having a **** teacher who has a dodgy past it seems.
    Yeah teachers make or break it to an extent. I had one teacher who was just massively chill most of the time and absolutely adored me, would go on about how my essays were undergrad standard and show them as examples, and just let me completely ignore her lessons in favour of my laptop, the others were less chill, relatively, but still really good teachers on the whole. My maths teachers were atrocious but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Ayy
    uno
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I dunno, I feel like with that essay the time I spent didn't really make that much of a difference (and it wasn't a crazy amount, a pretty standard amount I believe, but that comes to more than a few hours lol), and if I'd knocked out an essay quickly it would be the same in terms of actual marks, it would just read worse as an essay in and of itself, despite being of equal quality according to the mark scheme. English was always my best subject and I used to be a terrific writer relative to my age; sadly, perhaps due to lack of practice, I now find that I am decidedly unimpressive and, even worse, woefully lacking in creativity. With regards to the exam my revision was very light and I spent all my time in lessons sniping people on CoD WaW lmao. Probably did less work for that than coursework. But yeah you would have found A level maths incredibly easy, largely because it is, for two kinds of people: those who are good at maths, and those who are hard working. Of course, those who are both will be in an even better spot. I suppose I was both, although I'm not great at maths. I sort of apply my verbal intelligence to maths rather than having an innate mathematical intelligence, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I never felt talented at it but I was able to reason through everything with logical arguments.

Yeah teachers make or break it to an extent. I had one teacher who was just massively chill most of the time and absolutely adored me, would go on about how my essays were undergrad standard and show them as examples, and just let me completely ignore her lessons in favour of my laptop, the others were less chill, relatively, but still really good teachers on the whole. My maths teachers were atrocious but oh well.
    I just rode my maths ability.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Okay 100th post then dinner
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    hmmm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    someone help

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm hungry
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ok Andrew.

ReputationRep:
    ghfdgfsd

ReputationRep:
    yhtgrfsd
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No. Try again

ReputationRep:
    QUEEN B
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Would he let me beat, if I prayed five times?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a joy when you have no idea when universities have their open days, I can't just walk on campus can I? :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :hoppy:
    Such an eventful friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Such an eventful friday
    Do I detect sarcasm?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.