Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Procrastinating, mostly. Trying to study (and failing).
    Yeah i get you describes my life loooool
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamgirlxx)
    Yeah i get you describes my life loooool
    I am almost sure I will miss my offer. IDK what to do afterwards. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Aw no don't say that sure everything will be fineeee. Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    same here Michiyo
    I feel the same way
    stupid exams and the offer..I hope they show mercy
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, you too :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show

This is going to sound weird as hell, but I have had dreams of my exams days which turned out to be true.

For example, I dreamed of my written English exam last week. I wrote it down in my diary. Yesterday, everything played exactly as it did in my dream. I saw my draft paper, which had the same length as my real draft. I also remember questioning the examples I used; the examples I chose in the exam were indeed from pop culture and I questioned whether they would be suitable examples.

I also had a dream of the Results' Day.

In it, my Baccalaureate grade was 8.30 or 8.80 (do not remember which one). My offer is 9 and Exeter counts 8.80 as having missed my offer by two grades (even though in reality, that is only two marks). I thought I had no chance of going into Exeter and did not know what to do next.

I hope it will not come true. I had a dream of GCSE Results' Day which did not come true (I got waaay worse grades in that dream than in my real GCSEs), but given my past record, I am not sure what to think. The only thing I can do is study as much as possible and pray that I will meet my offer.

ReputationRep:

Big entrance
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)

Big entrance
    Not as big an entrance as my TWoTSR return post (Yes, I have already written it.)

ReputationRep:
    Not as big an entrance as my TWoTSR return post (Yes, I have already written it.)
    OMG Can't wait to hear it
    You're so prepared at life, I wish my life preparation skills were as good as yours
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    OMG Can't wait to hear it
    You're so prepared at life, I wish my life preparation skills were as good as yours
    You will LOVE it! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not sure whether to show it to you right now in order to satisfy your curiosity and my wish to show it off to the world or to keep it a secret to everyone until I make it public... :ninjagirl:

I like to be ready for every single possible case all the time. I have not been doing this with my academic career lately, though (For example, IDK what to do if I do not get into Exeter.)

Your words are too kind :blush::lovehug:

You could easily be as prepared as me, though! It is not that hard to prepare yourself for everything. All you need to do is read and think a bit

ReputationRep:
    You will LOVE it! :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not sure whether to show it to you right now in order to satisfy your curiosity and my wish to show it off to the world or to keep it a secret to everyone until I make it public... :ninjagirl:

I like to be ready for every single possible case all the time. I have not been doing this with my academic career lately, though (For example, IDK what to do if I do not get into Exeter.)

Your words are too kind :blush::lovehug:

You could easily be as prepared as me, though! It is not that hard to prepare yourself for everything. All you need to do is read and think a bit

Spoiler:
    Show

Leave it, otherwise it wont have the same impact
    I can wait (well i cant but I'll try and contain myself :rofl:)

I can tell
    Awwwww but thats easy :yep: Come to Cardiff with me :thumbsup::lol:
    But yeah Idk what to do either, theres something but Idk what

Awwwwww :hugs: I've been known to have very kind words

Hmmmmm I suppose ATM I'm not prepared for anything, I basically have no clue what I'm doing in life, I'm kinda just going for it which kinda works and then kinda doesnt work
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Leave it, otherwise it wont have the same impact
    I can wait (well i cant but I'll try and contain myself :rofl:)

I can tell
    Awwwww but thats easy :yep: Come to Cardiff with me :thumbsup::lol:
    But yeah Idk what to do either, theres something but Idk what

Awwwwww :hugs: I've been known to have very kind words

Hmmmmm I suppose ATM I'm not prepared for anything, I basically have no clue what I'm doing in life, I'm kinda just going for it which kinda works and then kinda doesnt work
    Spoiler:
    Show

Got it It will live up to your expectations, I promise! :yep:

I have not applied to Cardiff and they do not do International Relations and Japanese :rofl:

I see. So you have not found a dream job, I take it? Because finding my dream job in the last year of my GCSEs is what made me prepare myself so much :daydreaming: (Yes, I am basically changing who I am to an extent and deciding what to do based on whether it will make me a better candidate for that job or whether it will be fun or not. In other words, I am 'molding' myself to that job. I mean, I fit the job description perfectly from the get-go, but I need to work on some things to be truly perfect for it )

Maybe try finding a job you really want and work from there?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Got it It will live up to your expectations, I promise! :yep:

I have not applied to Cardiff and they do not do International Relations and Japanese :rofl:

I see. So you have not found a dream job, I take it? Because finding my dream job in the last year of my GCSEs is what made me prepare myself so much :daydreaming: (Yes, I am basically changing who I am to an extent and deciding what to do based on whether it will make me a better candidate for that job or whether it will be fun or not. In other words, I am 'molding' myself to that job. I mean, I fit the job description perfectly from the get-go, but I need to work on some things to be truly perfect for it )

Maybe try finding a job you really want and work from there?
    We can make them :rofl: lol jk

Not really, obviously an obvious job would be to be a translator which I am interested in altho generally I haven't really considered careers and I would be fine with any job that involves me using languages tbh. I just really wanted to do this course and want my future to involve this but idk in what way

Tbh it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do at uni so I'm hoping that during uni, it will just click

But your right tho :hugs: Of course you'll be perfect for the job

Im actually tired but its like not even 5 yet :eek:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    We can make them :rofl: lol jk

Not really, obviously an obvious job would be to be a translator which I am interested in altho generally I haven't really considered careers and I would be fine with any job that involves me using languages tbh. I just really wanted to do this course and want my future to involve this but idk in what way

Tbh it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do at uni so I'm hoping that during uni, it will just click

But your right tho :hugs: Of course you'll be perfect for the job

Im actually tired but its like not even 5 yet :eek:
    *prays she will get into Exeter despite her extremely slim chances of getting in*

Have you thought about becoming...
    Spoiler:
    Show

A spy? :ninja::teehee:

It is okay, it took me a bit to decide as well :hugs: I decided when I was like fifteen or so, but prior to that, I was unsure whether to go for foreign languages, business, psychology, politics or international relations. I even considered history, archaeology, Egyptology and astronomy at one point. :laugh: (Then I realised I suck at science, I am so sick of studies I would not be able to study psychology, business bores me to hell, local politics are of no interest to me, the only foreign languages I am interested in cannot be studied together, and the job prospects for history and archaeology are not to my liking.)

Of course I am! I picked that job because it was so me I could not believe it :gah::daydreaming:

Uh... It is almost midnight in Taiwan? Go to sleep with that excuse :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    *prays she will get into Exeter despite her extremely slim chances of getting in*

Have you thought about becoming...
    Spoiler:
    Show

A spy? :ninja::teehee:

It is okay, it took me a bit to decide as well :hugs: I decided when I was like fifteen or so, but prior to that, I was unsure whether to go for foreign languages, business, psychology, politics or international relations. I even considered history, archaeology, Egyptology and astronomy at one point. :laugh: (Then I realised I suck at science, I am so sick of studies I would not be able to study psychology, business bores me to hell, local politics are of no interest to me, the only foreign languages I am interested in cannot be studied together, and the job prospects for history and archaeology are not to my liking.)

Of course I am! I picked that job because it was so me I could not believe it :gah::daydreaming:

Uh... It is almost midnight in Taiwan? Go to sleep with that excuse :toofunny:
    *hugs Michiyo bc she will get into Exeter and Exeter will be extremely 10000x lucky to have her*

Spoiler:
    Show

Lol ngl someone actually said that to me before :rofl: It seems like a cool thing to be but i dont think Im clever enough Ninja skills are totes on point tho :mmm:

Oh wow :lol: Thats like me tho, I hardly liked anything apart from languages

Im so interested in what your dream job is Any hints?

Lol i think i might try that :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    *hugs Michiyo bc she will get into Exeter and Exeter will be extremely 10000x lucky to have her*

Spoiler:
    Show

Lol ngl someone actually said that to me before :rofl: It seems like a cool thing to be but i dont think Im clever enough Ninja skills are totes on point tho :mmm:

Oh wow :lol: Thats like me tho, I hardly liked anything apart from languages

Im so interested in what your dream job is Any hints?

Lol i think i might try that :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    *hugs back* :hugs:

While I agree I will be great in university, I doubt I will be good enough to get into Exeter in the first place :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show

OMG SAME! :gah::five: A guy once told me that. The funny part is that his name was CALLUM :toofunny:

Have you tried this test before? There was another one, but I cannot find it...

IKR? :console: I liked a lot of things, but I am not suited for them outside of school :lol:

Strategy/strategic analyst, preferably in politics

ReputationRep:
    ... Another post closer to 10000.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    *silently wonders*

If I post song lyrics in Japanese, would I still have to translate them to English so as not to break the forum rules? :hmmmm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    nice!
    I love that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.