Cute.
    I'm cuter.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    I'm cuter.
    *looks at your signature*

OMG YOU ARE STUDYING CHINESE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS? :nutcase: Future International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese here :five:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    *looks at your signature*

OMG YOU ARE STUDYING CHINESE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS? :nutcase: Future International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese here :five:
    HAha are you fangirling by any chance? :lol:

That's good, you in your final year of sixth form then?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    HAha are you fangirling by any chance? :lol:

That's good, you in your final year of sixth form then?
    ...Maaayyybbbbeeeee. I am just so happy to see someone with a similar degree to mine :gah:

Yep What year are you in?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    ...Maaayyybbbbeeeee. I am just so happy to see someone with a similar degree to mine :gah:

Yep What year are you in?
    Haha yeah, I absolutely love it.

I've just finished my first year of University, going to be second year this September.

What A levels/ BTECs do you do?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I absolutely love it.

I've just finished my first year of University, going to be second year this September.

What A levels/ BTECs do you do?
    We can fangirl over IR and East Asian languages together :cube:

How fluent would you say you are in Chinese after your first year?

I did AS Government and Politics, Psychology, Sociology, and English Literature (grades AAAB). I moved to Romania afterwards, so I am doing the Romanian Baccalaureate right now. My subjects are Romanian Language and Literature, History, and Logic (albeit I did have to take exams in ICT and English too, but they do not count towards my offer).

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    We can fangirl over IR and East Asian languages together :cube:

How fluent would you say you are in Chinese after your first year?

I did AS Government and Politics, Psychology, Sociology, and English Literature (grades AAAB). I moved to Romania afterwards, so I am doing the Romanian Baccalaureate right now. My subjects are Romanian Language and Literature, History, and Logic (albeit I did have to take exams in ICT and English too, but they do not count towards my offer).
    Haha of course

Erm I would say that since I study a lot outside of lecture time etc I'm much better at conversations than I was before. I've been getting 1sts and 2.1s for my oral/written Mandarin so it's good so far. I'm going to china in 2 weeks time to do further Mandarin language classes mixed with an internship for a month. So I should come back almost fluent haha.

Ooo Romanian Baccalaureate sounds really fancy. You must be a smart cookie.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Haha of course

Erm I would say that since I study a lot outside of lecture time etc I'm much better at conversations than I was before. I've been getting 1sts and 2.1s for my oral/written Mandarin so it's good so far. I'm going to china in 2 weeks time to do further Mandarin language classes mixed with an internship for a month. So I should come back almost fluent haha.

Ooo Romanian Baccalaureate sounds really fancy. You must be a smart cookie.
    That would make you... intermediate, then? And how do you study?

Congratulations for getting that internship! :clap2: What will you do during your internship? As in, in what domain is it?

The Romanian Baccalaureate is just what every Romanian student does :laugh: I do admit it is hard (harder than A-levels for sure), though, since in order to get what is deemed as a 'good grade', one must get like 90% of the marks. My offer from Exeter asks for 9 in the Baccalaureate, which is literally 90% of the marks in everything.

You flatter me :blushing: You are probably smarter than me since I could never learn Chinese :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've been absent from TSR and Andrew is displeased.
    Pls didn't even notice you were gone
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    That would make you... intermediate, then? And how do you study?

Congratulations for getting that internship! :clap2: What will you do during your internship? As in, in what domain is it?

The Romanian Baccalaureate is just what every Romanian student does :laugh: I do admit it is hard (harder than A-levels for sure), though, since in order to get what is deemed as a 'good grade', one must get like 90% of the marks. My offer from Exeter asks for 9 in the Baccalaureate, which is literally 90% of the marks in everything.

You flatter me :blushing: You are probably smarter than me since I could never learn Chinese :rofl:
    Yeah I'd say I'm at an intermediate level.

Aha thanks!! It's with a business in Dalian (North East China) which the title is "business incubator" so I get to learn the rules and regulations of international trade between China and other countries, tariffs and generally learning how the Chinese government operates because I really want to work in the Chinese government when I'm older. So I'll be doing my language classes from 9am-12pm and then have lunch and then do my internship for 5-6 hours everyday for a month. It's gonna be busy but it'll be totally worth it and will look lovely on my CV in the long term.

Hahaha I can imagine. I always see how international education systems are slightly tougher than the UK education system, so whenever international students come here, they're so smart and it's difficult for me to catch up :lol:

Chinese is difficult, but I'm in the process of re-polishing my German language as that's at an advanced level. I think I want to do another degree after my Mandarin and IR course and do something like German and Italian since I am a fond polyglot.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Pls didn't even notice you were gone
    That's mean my achy breaky heart...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That's mean my achy breaky heart...
    you broke my heart when you left and took me off your wall :cry:

How was Italy?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    you broke my heart when you left and took me off your wall :cry:

How was Italy?
    Sorry darling.

Italy was just spiffing. Got a nice tan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sorry darling.

Italy was just spiffing. Got a nice tan
    and then you'll just leave again in a day or two smh

Sounds like funnnnn, where were you?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd say I'm at an intermediate level.

Aha thanks!! It's with a business in Dalian (North East China) which the title is "business incubator" so I get to learn the rules and regulations of international trade between China and other countries, tariffs and generally learning how the Chinese government operates because I really want to work in the Chinese government when I'm older. So I'll be doing my language classes from 9am-12pm and then have lunch and then do my internship for 5-6 hours everyday for a month. It's gonna be busy but it'll be totally worth it and will look lovely on my CV in the long term.

Hahaha I can imagine. I always see how international education systems are slightly tougher than the UK education system, so whenever international students come here, they're so smart and it's difficult for me to catch up :lol:

Chinese is difficult, but I'm in the process of re-polishing my German language as that's at an advanced level. I think I want to do another degree after my Mandarin and IR course and do something like German and Italian since I am a fond polyglot.
    Sounds awesome! :teeth:

It is not that they are smarter, it is just that the educational system they come from is more difficult.

How many languages do you speak and which ones?

I want to learn a lot of languages too! :five: I only know two (Romanian and English) at the moment, though... :ashamed: Hoping to become fluent in at least two more languages before summer 2024.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    and then you'll just leave again in a day or two smh

Sounds like funnnnn, where were you?
    How did you know?

I was in Sardinia.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So you get your organic solid
    You just use enough hot solvent as to completely dissolve it
    Cool it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Crystals will form upon cooling
    Then filter it under reduced pressure :ahee:
    :king1:

sprinkle a bit of ice cold solvent to finish it off and add a bit of drying agent (CaCl2 or MgSO4 etc.)
    :crown:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.