Spoiler:
      Show

Yeppp n noooo ull still come if I sayyy hahah

Spoiler:
      Show

Hahahaha yeahh :rofl: oh no worries loool. Yeahh In a bit x

Posted from TSR Mobile
      But you arent fast enough so clearly you do😂
      Haha by accident you did :sad: and there you go i even showed you!!

Haha what am i supposed to call her then? Its because im sure she doesnt want people to know her name here!
      Spoiler:
      Show
      nooo i wouldnt come :no:

Spoiler:
      Show
      your sister called me out of everyone :facepalm: on my 5 min break :lol:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      But you arent fast enough so clearly you do😂
      Haha by accident you did :sad: and there you go i even showed you!!

Haha what am i supposed to call her then? Its because im sure she doesnt want people to know her name here!
      Spoiler:
      Show
      nooo i wouldnt come :no:

Spoiler:
      Show
      your sister called me out of everyone :facepalm: on my 5 min break :lol:
      Watch now ..watch when I beat you 😏😏😄
      Omggggg likes lies u didn't even get hurt n leave the mark 🙄🙄

She's my baeeee so called her tasha's baeeee

Spoiler:
      Show
      u.wouldnt.come?.

Spoiler:
      Show
      my lil sister was missing youu 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dreamgirlxx)
      Have you guys ever had a TSR crush? (I don't really wanna make a thread...) Lol. Just curious..... :innocent:

Spoiler:
      Show

:teehee:

Dabbled in them, I've had people crush on me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FemaleBo55)
      Stop exposing my love life 😭 I wasn't ready yet to tell my fans hahahah😂 But yeahh I have crush on her hahaha lmao😂😂 jokesss
      :rofl: Hahahaha😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Just had my fifth cup of coffee.

ReputationRep:
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      On one hand my mother wants me to behave like an adult, but on the other, never gives me the opportunity to do so. :confused:

ReputationRep:
      Feel like absolute crap and I can't help feeling if it's because I haven't had a drink in a coupled days, considering my frequency lately. Or maybe I'm just tired. I dunno, until today I was quite hopeful, engaged, cheerful, motivated, etc. for a reasonable while.
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      When you stick positive post it notes on your bedroom wall and they all fall down. It's a sign. I don't even know why I bothered lol.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rhythmical)
      When you stick positive post it notes on your bedroom wall and they all fall down. It's a sign. I don't even know why I bothered lol.
      :rofl:
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by XOR_)
      It's not funny :cry2: I spent ages writing them and thinking this is a fresh start for me but they fell down and I feel ****. I pressed hard on them too

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by wolfmoon88)
      Any questions about the American application process you can ask me as well a lot of my friends applied to US unis and I considered applying to US unis as well.

Yep research more into it For Oxbridge, I would suggest looking at NatSci and Maths at Cambridge (for someone indecisive, NatSci might be better tbh), Maths, Physics, Physics and Philosophy (better for Astronomy I would assume), Maths and Statistics. Ofc research FCH and other unis as well (UCL, Imperial, (Not King's), Durham, York, Edinburgh, St Andrews etc...)

No problem, anything just ask previous applicants should help future applicants anyways :yep:

Imperial and UCL are both good choices :yep: and of course the other London unis aren't bad.

I think St Andrews would really fit you (if you aren't decisive, Cambridge might be better than Oxford for that) Thank you I'll work hard to make my offer. I applied to study BSc Sustainable Development, because like you I am not really sure about what I want to study other than that I like studying a breadth of subjects, both in the arts and in the sciences.

Honestly... is St Andrews really a not typical university? it's ranked 3rd in the UK in a lot of rankings (not that I really care, the course just fits me) Most of my friends who's parents are obsessed with rankings (East Asian) all allowed their children to apply to St Andrews and would be happy for them to go there. (They like Imperial and Oxford more ofc but they are definitely ok with St Andrews) What's your definition of not so typical unis?

All really great subjects and fields you won't go wrong choosing any of them!
      Will do if I ever get round actually starting the applications for US unis. :lol:

I'll try to do all that research.

Thank you, again!

Suppose so.

I think it would fit me too. :moon: Yeah, I'd probably choose Cambridge if I had to pick out of the two anyway. :yep: Sounds really good! So what kind of things are you gonna study?

I should probably have been more specific earlier.. I meant typical according to my parents, basically, and for them, it's either Oxbridge or a London uni, so anything too far away they'd probably call untypical. For me, I don't even know which I'd label as not so typical unis. :rofl: Maybe the really obscure ones most people have never heard of? :dontknow:

Hope so. :moon:

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
      Btw TheOtherSide. and wolfmoon88, since I see you're both thinking about applying or even firming St Andrew's, if you want to know about the town (don't know much about the uni) feel free to ask because I've been a bunch of times
      What food can I find there? :holmes:

(Original post by Michiyo)
      Congratulations! :five: Have fun there

You apply to jobs and wait for an interview, as far as I know, but I do not have a job :awesome:

FCH is the best and we know it :sexface:

I did all essay-based subjects at AS-level, so I would not have been able to pass without the skill to write essays. :yep:

Aww, I am flattered that you find them to be so :fan: The point was that the path our parents want for us is often not the one that best suits us, which has been the case with every single person in a similar scenario that I have ever met :awesome:

If you make a good enough case, they will not be able to protest. If they do, well, just say that you can choose what university to attend since it is your future, not theirs. If all else fails (e.g. if telling them the truth outright would get you into extreme trouble, like being in danger of getting kicked out) and your parents overreact severely, you can lie about the universities you applied to and about your offers, then tell them the truth after you move for university. Of course the second option is to be avoided at all cost, but if there are no other options, it is better than dooming yourself to a university or course you do not like.

What would the typical universities be?
      :five: I should probably sort out my CV, first of all. :getmecoat:

:lol:

Still sounds like a nightmare to me. :hide:

That actually gives me a lot of hope, so thank you. :hugs:

They'll probably be there, watching over my shoulder as I send the application so the second option's out anyway. :rofl:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
      Will do if I ever get round actually starting the applications for US unis. :lol:

I'll try to do all that research.

Thank you, again!

Suppose so.

I think it would fit me too. :moon: Yeah, I'd probably choose Cambridge if I had to pick out of the two anyway. :yep: Sounds really good! So what kind of things are you gonna study?

I should probably have been more specific earlier.. I meant typical according to my parents, basically, and for them, it's either Oxbridge or a London uni, so anything too far away they'd probably call untypical. For me, I don't even know which I'd label as not so typical unis. :rofl: Maybe the really obscure ones most people have never heard of? :dontknow:

Hope so. :moon:

What food can I find there? :holmes:

They'll probably be there, watching over my shoulder as I send the application so the second option's out anyway. :rofl:
      Ermmm probably the same food you'd find anywhere else :lol: Don't worry they still have mcdonalds there

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rhythmical)
      It's not funny :cry2: I spent ages writing them and thinking this is a fresh start for me but they fell down and I feel ****. I pressed hard on them too
      If it makes you feel any better, you've made my day.

ReputationRep:
      Ermmm probably the same food you'd find anywhere else :lol: Don't worry they still have mcdonalds there
      But is the food good? No way I'm going somewhere that won't keep me sufficiently nourished. :noway:

Spoiler:
      Show

What's the weather like? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      Oh I see, whenever I moved level on points I went to the bottom, but wolfmoon goes straight to the top?

Matrix123 can you believe this? Where's Mr T when I need him
      You want Mr T's leaderboard? :/
      #BringBackMatrix
      (Original post by Reshyna)
      Attachment 613690
      100% true :yep:
      :yy:
      (Original post by Reshyna)
      :banghead: Oh no!
      lol jk...
      Anyways congratulations for winning the 100th post, Sarah.
      Matrix123
      Dreamgirlxx, I didn't know that the three of us were trying to get this, but the three of us posted at the same time and Sarah was fast, and I was the last.
      I didn't post?
      Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      But is the food good? No way I'm going somewhere that won't keep me sufficiently nourished. :noway:

Spoiler:
      Show

What's the weather like? :holmes:

Well there's not 1000 restaurants like in London But St Andrews is quite a posh/well off place and there's lots of fancy restaurants and nice bakeries etc but also got the typical mcdonalds, subways, pizza express etc etc.

Spoiler:
      Show

Did you need read my long paragraph to wolfmoon :holmes:
      Actually I don't think I tagged in that, I thought 2 tags was enough :lol:
      But being on the coast might be a little wetter/windier than usual but I don't think anywhere in the UK is that drastically different to anywhere else in the UK
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Good news, I got a job interview! :gah: If everything will be like my sister said, then I already got the job

Spoiler:
      Show

Said job is at KFC, where I will be eating chicken all day :awesome:

Essays are easy to me. Maths and science are my nightmares :laugh:

Aww, that is so cute, I am glad it does :hugs:

Apply when they are not looking and say your tutor made you all apply during tutor group. (Which may actually happen.)

But still, wow. Your parents sound very controlling :console:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.