Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #gabby#)
    Oh that's amazing! I'm trying to pick up a couple of words here and there haha I think because I speak Swedish and a bit of German it shouldn't be tooo hard to partially learn, because there are certain similarities between them?!
    Haha thanks It's relatively easy to pick up phrases I think, so I'm sure you'll be fine! It's very similar to German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justaprank)
    I actually live in Paris :-)
    Well there's English anyway but I don't think learning Dutch will be that difficult
    no wayy, I'm very jealous haha!! I'm just worried it's going to be an issue when looking for a job, but that's something to worry about once I get there aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn13497)
    Haha thanks It's relatively easy to pick up phrases I think, so I'm sure you'll be fine! It's very similar to German
    Ok good to know, I'm going to try my best to learn the main phrases over summer

ReputationRep:
    Ok good to know, I'm going to try my best to learn the main phrases over summer
    The Duolingo app is really good for practicing phrases!

ReputationRep:
    The Duolingo app is really good for practicing phrases!
    Fab, thank you!! did you apply for any unis in the UK btw?

ReputationRep:
    Fab, thank you!! did you apply for any unis in the UK btw?
    Yeah I applied to a few, but for European Law. I think I selected Westminster and Nottingham as my firm choices did you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I applied to a few, but for European Law. I think I selected Westminster and Nottingham as my firm choices did you?
    Ahh ok! Yeah I firmed King's and Manchester for international relations, but Leiden is definitely my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok! Yeah I firmed King's and Manchester for international relations, but Leiden is definitely my first choice
    Nice! Yeah it's mine too did you go to the open day?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Yeah it's mine too did you go to the open day?
    No unfortunately I missed it as I went to the Groningen open day, but I did visit The Hague anyway and talked to one of the lecturers did you go?

ReputationRep:
    No unfortunately I missed it as I went to the Groningen open day, but I did visit The Hague anyway and talked to one of the lecturers did you go?
    Ohh ok, I missed it too, but I went to the experience day I also went to the open days at Groningen and Maastricht, I'm rubbish at making a decision!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh ok, I missed it too, but I went to the experience day I also went to the open days at Groningen and Maastricht, I'm rubbish at making a decision!
    haha, omg I'm rubbish at making decisions too! I applied to and got a place at Groningen - it was only a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to definitely go to Leiden aha!!

ReputationRep:
    haha, omg I'm rubbish at making decisions too! I applied to and got a place at Groningen - it was only a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to definitely go to Leiden aha!!
    Haha me too! I decided just before he deadline to apply, had to write a new letter of motivation quite quickly!!

ReputationRep:
    no wayy, I'm very jealous haha!! I'm just worried it's going to be an issue when looking for a job, but that's something to worry about once I get there aha
    I'm sure you'll do fine don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Haha me too! I decided just before he deadline to apply, had to write a new letter of motivation quite quickly!!
    ahaha yes omg I literally (wish I was joking) applied the day before the deadline!! But we made it haha, so we should be very happy

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll do fine don't worry
    ahh thanks, I'm trying not to! so will you be going to the induction week?

ReputationRep:
    ahh thanks, I'm trying not to! so will you be going to the induction week?
    Yes I will ! I guess we'll see us there ? :-)
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will ! I guess we'll see us there ? :-)
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun
    Awesome, and yes definitely!! Yeh I think it's gonna be awesome, can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Lovely place, hope you all enjoy it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Lovely place, hope you all enjoy it there.
    Thank you! I've only been there once, but am already in love with it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone had any luck finding a house? I just got an email saying that there's no space and I have to find a house myself, bit late notice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.