The Student Room Group

degree upgrade?

sorry I couldn't find a suitable board to put this in

is it possible to upgrade non hons degree to hons?
I dropped out and want to go back, but If I do I can only get non hons.
please help
Original post by scorpion666990
sorry I couldn't find a suitable board to put this in

is it possible to upgrade non hons degree to hons?
I dropped out and want to go back, but If I do I can only get non hons.
please help

Depends in the uni rules. normally nobody bothers with honours imo, they just assume you have them. There must be a reason why they wont let you on the hons degree. Maybe you didnt get enough credits. Ask if they will allow you to do extra. the answers are on your uni website.
Original post by 999tigger
Depends in the uni rules. normally nobody bothers with honours imo, they just assume you have them. There must be a reason why they wont let you on the hons degree. Maybe you didnt get enough credits. Ask if they will allow you to do extra. the answers are on your uni website.

yeah i would be 30 credits short, is there nothing i can do about that? is there no such thing as doing a 30 credit short course, maybe even at a different uni? or is there nothing i can do?
yeah i would be 30 credits short, is there nothing i can do about that? is there no such thing as doing a 30 credit short course, maybe even at a different uni? or is there nothing i can do?

Rules and degree grading are down to the unis, maybe read the rules and talk to your department. What i suggested the first time.
Original post by 999tigger
Rules and degree grading are down to the unis, maybe read the rules and talk to your department. What i suggested the first time.

ok thank you, but no need to be so rude.
thank you.

It might be worth looking into open university. They will usually accept credit transfers and then allow you to complete additional modules.

You may need to complete 120 credits though (a full final year).

Quick Reply

Latest