Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevieee21)
    okay every time I apply to uni, this year and last year I never receive ANY offers like at all, so I was just wondering about anyone who's used clearing and extra and whether they've been accepted or got offers from it and just general advice really??
    Are most unis willing to consider your application? Are there certain kinds of courses that are in clearing and extra like business courses or can you get in to psychology courses too?? someone please help me, am dying, thanks
    I don't know why the mods deleted my last post. So I will repeat it again. You should try applying to Derby, through clearing...

ReputationRep:
    okay every time I apply to uni, this year and last year I never receive ANY offers like at all, so I was just wondering about anyone who's used clearing and extra and whether they've been accepted or got offers from it and just general advice really??
    Are most unis willing to consider your application? Are there certain kinds of courses that are in clearing and extra like business courses or can you get in to psychology courses too?? someone please help me, am dying, thanks
    I applied to 5 unis for Midwifery last year - got interviews to 3 of them, did the assessments and the interviews but was ultimately rejected. With help from my career adviser I applied for a completely different subject - sociology (with the end goal of being a teacher). There are videos on how to set up extra and although it costs money to use the service it's the only reason i'm in uni now! I had to write a whole new personal statement 3 days before the ucas deadline and submit but i'm at uni and loving it now - just bc you get rejected doesn't mean it is the end

ReputationRep:
    You posted this in December in another TSR thread (post #18 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...112&highlight= ):
    hi I'm applying for mental health nursing, i already have CC in alevels but got an E in psychology but I'm resitting this year and am predicted a B/A, I need 112 UCAS points (BBC) to do mental health nursing at EHU, I've travelled and done various volunteering for 2 years, do you think they'll consider my application?? Also how strict are they on grade boundaries like when you receive your results??
    Basically, you are applying to a highly competitive course which asks for BBC, with CCE. Your volunteer experience is excellent if relevant, but most candidates will have something similar and meet or exceed that grade offer. Your teachers are predicting that the E will become a B/A on the resit, which to be blunt, lacks credibility, and will probably be interpreted as over-optimism by Admissions offices. Even then, the best case scenario is that you will have CCA - whilst that might get you the UCAS points total, it would still be two grades (CC rather than BB) below the basic entry requirement for that particular course.

I think you need to be a little more realistic and possibly come at the idea of a mental health nursing degree from a different angle. Looking at Access courses would be a useful direction. From what you've posted elsewhere on TSR, I don't think that bumping up your Psychology grade would help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I don't know why the mods deleted my last post. So I will repeat it again. You should try applying to Derby, through clearing...
    What's with the Derby obsession?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rattie)
    What's with the Derby obsession?
    I went there, and i rate it.

We have, generally speaking, a high calibre staff, and i got my 2.1 there. So that is where i am coming from.

Good luck wherever you choose to attend. Getting in, is like literally only 'knocking on the door'....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I went there, and i rate it.

We have, generally speaking, a high calibre staff, and i got my 2.1 there. So that is where i am coming from.

Good luck wherever you choose to attend. Getting in, is like literally only 'knocking on the door'....
    I know you went there, and I'm sure it's great and you loved it and you're living a fantastic life all thanks to your degree, but seriously, nobody needs you to post on a thread to plug one specific university for no other reason than the fact you went there, and probably for a completely different subject.

ReputationRep:
    OP you need to work out what the problem is before you keep throwing applications out there. My guess is that you don't have the appropriate grades for your choices - meaning you either need to lower your expectations or improve your grades. Other options could be a really poor personal statement (although I would have thought your college would pick up on this and tell you) or a poor reference (have you been in significant trouble at your college?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollieDalton_xx)
    My advice is to not listen to people saying that Uni isn't for you because if you didn't want to go then you wouldn't have applied. Maybe try getting in touch with the Uni's? Or try working on what it is that is getting you rejected, predicted grades, personal statement etc.

You'll get there! Best wishes <3
    Omg thank you so much this actually me so happy hahah ❤

ReputationRep:
    GOOD GOD I didn't not expect this many replied hahah! Okay so I can only apologise as i forgot my password to this website and completely forgot I posted as I NEVER do😅
    Okay my grades are CC and I'm studying psychology alevel this year and my predicted is a B.
    UPDATE:
    I was applying to mental health nursing had interviews for 3/5 choices (was straight up declined from the other two)
    And 1 offer but at a Uni I'm not ALL that interested in going to?? (it's Kent and I rly wanted to go to one in Liverpool)
    I'm thinking of applying to psychology instead through extra??
    BUT nervous to decline my one offer incase I don't get in at all through extra
    (V sorry to leave all those details out my original post but the offer literally came through yday)

ReputationRep:
    Oh and last year when I applied I know my overal application wasn't good (like I had an E in psychology etc) but this year I feel a lot more confident in the whole application, I rewrote my PS and have had it checked by old teachers etc and feel it's a LOT better
    Also I got an E, not because I didn't try hard enough etc but bc I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and found it hard to concentrate in my exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.