Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys ,

    A couple of years ago I finished a 2 year foundation degree in computer games programming. To be honest, my grade wasn't as high as I would have liked, partially because I did not study hard enough and also because I had lost interest in the course.

    Recently I have really wanted to go back and redo my degree to get a higher grade and also do the top-up to make it a full honours degree.

    Looking online, I can't seem to find an answer to whether or not I would receive funding or even partial funding from student finance if I were to redo my foundation.

    Does anyone know if it is possible to get any funding for this?
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Don't think you can redo what you've done to get a higher grade. But yes, you are certainly entitled to get your foundation degree topped up.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, If you already hold a qualification, you will not be eligible for funding for study at an equivalent or a lower level. If going to commence a higher level qualification course, your previous study would be taken into account and could effect the entitlement you may receive. Thanks

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.