Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys ,

A couple of years ago I finished a 2 year foundation degree in computer games programming. To be honest, my grade wasn't as high as I would have liked, partially because I did not study hard enough and also because I had lost interest in the course.

Recently I have really wanted to go back and redo my degree to get a higher grade and also do the top-up to make it a full honours degree.

Looking online, I can't seem to find an answer to whether or not I would receive funding or even partial funding from student finance if I were to redo my foundation.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get any funding for this?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't think you can redo what you've done to get a higher grade. But yes, you are certainly entitled to get your foundation degree topped up.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, If you already hold a qualification, you will not be eligible for funding for study at an equivalent or a lower level. If going to commence a higher level qualification course, your previous study would be taken into account and could effect the entitlement you may receive. Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.