Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for a British boyfriend to improve my spoken English Watch

ReputationRep:

My English is not good, the best and fastest method I can think is looking for a British boyfriend to practice my English.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why a boyfriend and not just a friend? Do you live in the UK now? Or maybe trying to live here? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You don't need a boyfriend to learn English

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for some English Dic-tionary and chill

ReputationRep:
    do you need help with your written English or is it mainly oral ?

ReputationRep:
    ...require passport too?

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit of a drastic way to improve your English, don't you think? You could just do what most people do and try an online course or something with a conversation group thrown in.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    PRSOM - godamit.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My god. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, looking specifically for a boyfriend isn't the best of ways to learn English. Instead of viewing him as a boyfriend, you'll view him more as a teacher

ReputationRep:
    Some of these replies are pure gold

ReputationRep:
    learning English is quite a challenge, but with the right person you can lick it.

ReputationRep:
    So you want to pay for the lessons with...???

ReputationRep:
    I see where you're coming from, but it might get really hard, so be prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Do tell; do you want a British boy to help you learn English or do you see him as a stepping stone to British residency one day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    http://i.imgur.com/7eCig37.gif
    [img]blob:http://imgur.com/a13b185f-fd30-47b6-9736-44b6d5b0b291[/img]
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by markova21)
    Do tell; do you want a British boy to help you learn English or do you see him as a stepping stone to British residency one day?
    Good point. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I will be your boyfriend

But I know of women who have been married to White British men for 10+ years, have been living in England all that time and still can't speak English properly.
    Getting in a relationship with one won't improve your English, you need to make the conscious effort to learn it YOURSELF!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    If she's hot and puts out i'll do both

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.