The Student Room Group

Social work interview wolverhampton

Hi has anyone on here had an interview at Wolverhampton? I had mine last week and just wondered how long it took them to get back to you with a decisions
Original post by wally woo
Hi has anyone on here had an interview at Wolverhampton? I had mine last week and just wondered how long it took them to get back to you with a decisions

How did your interview go? What did you have to do at your interview.
Reply 2
Original post by Craig Beardsley
How did your interview go? What did you have to do at your interview.

Hi firstly there was a comprehension test. You had to choose a case study and answer 5 questions on it. You get 30 mins to do this.
Next you had a group discussion. They give you an article to read then you all discuss it.
If you pass both these tests they give you an interview on that afternoon.
There is a lecturer and a service user, they asked me a total of 7 questions, and asked you to tell them about yourself.
It is pretty nerve racking to be fair, but they try and put you at ease.
I would just revise about values and such, think they want to see what you think social work is about.
Good luck
Hi firstly there was a comprehension test. You had to choose a case study and answer 5 questions on it. You get 30 mins to do this.
Next you had a group discussion. They give you an article to read then you all discuss it.
There is a lecturer and a service user, they asked me a total of 7 questions, and asked you to tell them about yourself.
I would just revise about values and such, think they want to see what you think social work is about.
Good luck

Thanks for your responce.

I am so nervous. What other questions did they ask you, if you can remember?

Was the case study hard?
Reply 4
You get to choose the case study, there are 5 options they give you 5 mins to read through them first.
The interview questions are just like why you want to be a social worker, ethics that sort of thing ,just read up on it a bit try the BASW website.
They are really nice and put you at ease, they are just seeing if you know a bit about it that's all. When is your selection date? You will be fine everyone there was nervous. They expect it don't worry 😀
Reply 5
When is your interview. I have just found out I have been successful
Reply 6
I have accepted a unconditional offer at Wolverhampton Uni.
I would research ethics and values, why you want to be a social worker, what have you done to prepare and the skills needed to be a social worker.

Hope this helps!? Let me know if anyone will be accepting their place in September'17!!
Reply 7
Good luck

Hi ive got my interview at the end of the month i want to ask was the tests difficult at all? How long was you there for?
Reply 8
Hi no they are not difficult just make sure you read the case notes through first. The discussion is easy enough just make sure you get to say something. On the day I went, interviews started at 1.00 and mine was the last one at 3.30. I received my offer in under two weeks though it does differ as a friend received hers after four days.
Hope that helps and good luck🤞
I would look up about ethics and they will want to know why you want to become a social worker

Quick Reply

Latest