Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do as well in my mocks as i wanted to (2A's and mostly B's). So should i start making a revision timetable for my exams now?

ReputationRep:
    Start revising now, a little bit here and there. Do a bit more each week. Exams will come a lot quicker than you think. If you do some now, it saves a lot of stress closer to the exams!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ January Mocks provide (as you've heard countless times before) a realistic opportunity to prepare and revise.

Make a structured timetable, but don't force too much information all at once. Go over stuff bit by bit like said above, and eventually you'll have covered everything. Long-term memory from short revision is much better than cramming for shirt-term memory that'll be forgotten.

Flash cards. Quizzes. Test others. Get siblings to test you. Don't just look at the book - especially with sciences and maths, practising questions are the only thing that'll bag those marks - they can't ask you something much different and can only change the numbers they use.

PAPERS. PAPERS. PAPERS. The key to success is literally doing the exact same thing you'll be doing in that exam hall, repeatedly until it becomes second nature. You'll discover what the mark schemes want from you, do it with regular time to spare and how sometimes you only need 2 words to get full marks in some qs.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Evening,

RIGHT NOW I suggest no more than an hour per night and 2 hours a day on weekends. You'll just get bored of it because GCSEs are mostly boring as it's just regurgitating facts, concepts, ideas without any supporting background, reasoning or practical demonstrations suited with them.

Before Easter, construct a timetable for each and every individual day during Easter, I suggest 4-5 hours each day with breaks obviously. And when I say plan a timetable, I mean play every subject, every topic hour to hour, day to day. e.g.

"Maths - cosine rule 09:30 - 11:00 on the 18th April"or whatever

After easter then after school I suggest 2 hours with breaks of your choice, just make sure you have breaks. Weekends around 3-4 hours revision and plan another timetable. When your exams come start to eliminate subjects of course and fill them up with subjects/topics you haven't covered much or you know need work on.

GOOD LUCK - IT'S VERY REWARDING WORKING HARD AND GETTING HIGH GRADES AT THE END, TRUST ME

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.