ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    A LEVEL RESULTS

So I didn't get the AAAB I was hoping for - I got ABCC instead:
    • A - History
    • B - English Literature
    • C - Classics
    • C - EPQ

(It's rather funny; they're they same grades I got at AS, in the same subjects)

Yeah I am rather annoyed I didn't get A* in history, but one of my papers (the Tudors) was 42/50, which was an A*.

My resit paper for classics had no change, which is annoying me to no end. But I got an A on my Augustus paper, so at least there's some kindness there.

And do I need to mention English?! After the prose exam I thought I was done for. And I maintained the B!!!!

I got into Kings College London, not to do War Studies but History starting September 2018, so now I have a year to sort myself out
    Awesome results, I'm so proud! What're you going to be doing in your gap year?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tombre)
    Awesome results, I'm so proud! What're you going to be doing in your gap year?
    Ahh! Thank you
    I think it's mainly working and saving up for next year (and a summer course in Oxford that I want to attend) I've done a lot of travelling over the last 2 years, so I'm alright with it.

ReputationRep:
    OMG SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR JOURNEY!!!! Congrats on your results love!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So I have officially withdrawn my offer from KCL, and am going to reapply to other courses.

I know I was rather lucky to be given an alternative offer from the uni given my A level results, but I didn't feel like it was for me. Which means I now have to try and get in contact with my tutor at Sixth Form and confirm what I need to do.

ReputationRep:
    So I have officially withdrawn my offer from KCL, and am going to reapply to other courses.

I know I was rather lucky to be given an alternative offer from the uni given my A level results, but I didn't feel like it was for me. Which means I now have to try and get in contact with my tutor at Sixth Form and confirm what I need to do.
    This is so cool because i take history, psych, classics, and love Hamilton so its been great to read. I hope it goes well for you and I'm glad you didn't settle!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larkspurs)
    This is so cool because i take history, psych, classics, and love Hamilton so its been great to read. I hope it goes well for you and I'm glad you didn't settle!
    Aww thanks, that's very kind
    And yeah, I thought that there's no point going somewhere which affects more than one area of what I want to do in later life.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks, that's very kind
    And yeah, I thought that there's no point going somewhere which affects more than one area of what I want to do in later life.
    I agree

Submit reply
Updated: September 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.