The Student Room Group

Mishcon de Reya Video Interview

Hey guys, anyone has any tips for VI at Mishcon's?

What kind of questions do you get? competency based or commercial?

Thanks a lot

XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giuginello
Hey guys, anyone has any tips for VI at Mishcon's?

What kind of questions do you get? competency based or commercial?

Thanks a lot

XX

Hi do you mind me asking, when did you apply for the Vac Scheme at Mishcon, I still haven't heard back?

Thanks
How did you all get on with this? Just had my final interview with Mishcon last week and still haven't heard back. Did any of you get to the assessment centre stage and if so how long did it take for you to hear back?
Reply 3
Original post by jessiejoo
How did you all get on with this? Just had my final interview with Mishcon last week and still haven't heard back. Did any of you get to the assessment centre stage and if so how long did it take for you to hear back?

Hi, can I ask when you submitted your application for Mishcon initially? Still not heard a thing following submission on Jan 10th...

Hope your final interview went well!
I submitted my application on 6th October, got invited to video interview on 22 November, got invited to the first assessment centre on 6 January which was on the 17th January and the next day found out I was through to the next round and had my final interview on the 22nd July and found out I have a place on the vac scheme yesterday :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much. At the assessment centre, grad recruitment said that they were filling up all the spring places first, and then the summer. If you applied in January, I imagine they'll come back to you quite a bit later than me as it was one of the first firms I applied to :smile:
Reply 5
I submitted my application on 6th October, got invited to video interview on 22 November, got invited to the first assessment centre on 6 January which was on the 17th January and the next day found out I was through to the next round and had my final interview on the 22nd July and found out I have a place on the vac scheme yesterday :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much. At the assessment centre, grad recruitment said that they were filling up all the spring places first, and then the summer. If you applied in January, I imagine they'll come back to you quite a bit later than me as it was one of the first firms I applied to :smile:

Hi Jessie,

I have an assessment centre for Mishcon next week. Any info on what the case study was on/what relevant prep I can do would be hugely appreciated. Also, was it just a case study? Because in the e-mail they say look over your application etc in preparation, makes me think there would be some kind of interview? Someone from my Uni in previous years said they did a case study and then a discussion of it with a partner?
Reply 6
Original post by faithw
Hi Jessie,

I have an assessment centre for Mishcon next week. Any info on what the case study was on/what relevant prep I can do would be hugely appreciated. Also, was it just a case study? Because in the e-mail they say look over your application etc in preparation, makes me think there would be some kind of interview? Someone from my Uni in previous years said they did a case study and then a discussion of it with a partner?

Sorry and also, it says 'individual case study' - probably a silly question but does that mean you are assessed individually or it is just one case study as part of a group?
Reply 7
Thanks a lot for all the info, it's really helpful. Congrats on your vac scheme!
Reply 8

Hi I've got a video interview for Mischon coming up soon, do you have any tips? Was it competency-based or focused on the firm?

A mix. I hated the VI for MdR and assumed I'd messed it up, felt I was babbling and incoherent, but got an invite to AC, so if you've done the appropriate research and can string a sentence together you should be fine :smile:
Original post by grizzledwolf
A mix. I hated the VI for MdR and assumed I'd messed it up, felt I was babbling and incoherent, but got an invite to AC, so if you've done the appropriate research and can string a sentence together you should be fine :smile:

Thanks grizzledwolf! I'm not looking forward to it but it'll be nice to get it out of the away. What kind of questions did they ask?
erk, wrong link. Good intel at bit dot ly slash 2mJ0vz9 :smile:
Thanks for the link. They seem to have a few competency questions in there.
Original post by grizzledwolf

Hey when did you get your invite to the AC / when did you complete your VI?

Original post by Sarah0022
Hey when did you get your invite to the AC / when did you complete your VI?

VI submitted 4th Jan. Invite to AC on 16 Feb for a date of 21 Feb. Invited to partner interview 6pm day of the AC. Hope this helps.
Reply 15
Has anyone who submitted their application close to the Jan 15th deadline actually heard back yet? Just getting a tad worried and I'm not sure whether to think it's slow processing due to many applications or just that it's a no?
Hi I only just heard back yesterday and I passed the application stage so don't lose hope!
Reply 17
Original post by jgrad2017
Hi I only just heard back yesterday and I passed the application stage so don't lose hope!

Thanks so much - that's good to know! I'll try not to.
I guess they've just got a lot to get through. I hope your VI goes well.
Thanks!
Hope you hear back soon
Has anyone had a VS invite, and how soon did it come through after the final partner interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending