Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I've come across a few forums relating to students interest in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria and Romania.
    I am a current Medical student at Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria.
    I have a great insight into the process, and what's it like studying in Bulgaria.
    So if any of you guys are interested in studying in Bulgaria or Romania, free to pm me. I will be more then happy to help in answering any questions you may have.

ReputationRep:
    Do you plan on doing residency in the UK after graduation? If yes, how do you apply to residency as a graduate from a non-UK university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highflyer23)
    Do you plan on doing residency in the UK after graduation? If yes, how do you apply to residency as a graduate from a non-UK university?
    Yes, of course. Bulgaria and Romania Medical and Dental degrees are globally recognized and accredited by the GMC and GDC.
    So once you have completed your 6th year of the degree, you basically just register with the relevant council in the UK.
    If you have any further questions, please pm me, and I'll be sure to get back to you with a reponse.

ReputationRep:
    So you are a representative of an agency obviously....

ReputationRep:
    I am not a representative of any agency. I am simply a student who has been through the process, so I have a good insight what the Medical Universities would want. I am willing to help other students who are interested in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria or Romania.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocOz)
    I am not a representative of any agency. I am simply a student who has been through the process, so I have a good insight what the Medical Universities would want. I am willing to help other students who are interested in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria or Romania.
    Hi what reputable agency can one use to apply or how doesone apply directly to the school? I was looking at Med Student Advisor online but their informationI'd not up to date but they reply emails in good time. I'm not sure about their credibility since their reviews are from years back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidi95)
    Hi what reputable agency can one use to apply or how doesone apply directly to the school? I was looking at Med Student Advisor online but their informationI'd not up to date but they reply emails in good time. I'm not sure about their credibility since their reviews are from years back.
    Best agency would be Medical Doorway it is free too! They deal with the most prestigious universities, i.e. in Czech Republic or Hungary. You can apply through Study Medicine Europe but be aware they will be costly and you are restricted to only Romania and Bulgaria, where there are some problems, for example recently it came on the news that Plovdiv University accepts more students than they have spaces; there were students standing during lectures simply because there were no spare seats, etc.

But yes Bulgaria and Romania both give you the same degree and they are equally recognised in the world, so you don't need to worry too much about degrees, but please do research into these Uni's in Romania and Bulgaria (it can be a bit dodgy).

I am applying for University of Debrecen and Prague First Faculty through Medical Doorway. Good luck for you application! Any problems, do contact me.

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind all graduates wanting to practise in the UK may have to sit the same exam in the future which UK students will have been working towards for 5 years
    http://www.gmc-uk.org/news/29721.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocOz)
    Hey guys,
    I've come across a few forums relating to students interest in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria and Romania.
    I am a current Medical student at Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria.
    I have a great insight into the process, and what's it like studying in Bulgaria.
    So if any of you guys are interested in studying in Bulgaria or Romania, free to pm me. I will be more then happy to help in answering any questions you may have.
    Hey,

I'm thinking of studying at MU Sofia, please could you get in touch - I have a few questions

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Obviously you need your 3 a levels at good grades to get in, but what about other entry examinations? Did you have to sit the IMAT/BMAT/equivalent? Thanks!

ReputationRep:

Medical School Vlog - The Medical University of Plovdiv (What is like to study medicine in Bulgaria)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David Adeyemo)

Medical School Vlog - The Medical University of Plovdiv (What is like to study medicine in Bulgaria)
    Hey, I'm thinking of transferring to Plovdiv, I have a few questions - please could you message me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocOz)
    Hi can you please give me more information regarding Romanian medical schools and how to apply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.