Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I want to apply to my local university for an add on year to complete my degree. I received my DipHe in September and would want to start my add on year in September 2017. Would I still be eligible for funding? I read on another web page that I am only eligible if I undertake study within five months of receiving my DipHe.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi, I can advise that new regulations for students commence study in 2017/2018 doing on a End on/Top up course would not be required to undertake study within 5 months of receiving DipHe and may only be eligible to to receive a maintenance loan and tuition fee loan. However we would take into account previous study when calculating the entitlement you may be eligible to receive. Our calculation is Duration of New Course + Duration of Previous Course - Previous years studied = Available years of Entitlement. Hope this helps. Thanks

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.