Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am after a bit of advice. I started AAT Level 4 in September and applied for the +24 student loan all seemed ok until I got a call from the uni I was studying at to tell me that the student loan had not gone through and how was I going to pay for the course. I told them I did not understand as I thought everything had gone through and I would speak to student finance. Upon speaking with student finance it seems the uni supplied me with the incorrect information and student finance said the loan was not approved because of this I immediately stopped attending the course as I did not want to incur any costs. I then decided that I did not want to learn through the uni having had to swap tutors time and time again and want to apply through Kaplan to achieve Level 4. But now the uni are saying I will now be invoiced for the course fee even though they supplied me with the incorrect details and only studied one unit with them. I wanted to know where I stand on this obviously they let me attend before the finance was in place and as I was given wrong information am I still liable for the course costs ? Many thanks for taking the time to read this any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sue.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sue2703

You may be best first speaking to a manager at the university, to see if they can resolve this for you if it was their error.

If they are unable to resolve this you could try speaking with the Skill Funding Agency who are in charge of the advanced learner loan providers.
    http://bit.ly/1neu9H5

Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.