Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    should i message the boy i like to start the conversation or wait for him?
    • Political Ambassador

Assuming that he gave you his number and you didn't stalk him or anything like that, then yes.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He may never text first.

Of course you text first.

ReputationRep:
    but clearly he may not care if he isn't going to text me first, but I want him to text me without me looking annoying
    (Original post by UWS)
    He may never text first.

Of course you text first.

ReputationRep:
    the only reason I have his number is because we used to talk but now we don't anymore and I want to talk to him again
    (Original post by EC)
    Assuming that he gave you his number and you didn't stalk him or anything like that, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    I've read the whole thread so my advice is: talk to him again.

You can't appear annoying if you haven't spoken to each other in a while, it may surprise him (depending on the length) but you can just ask if this is still his number and who you are (if this has been quite some time), otherwise, just strike up a friendly, "Hey, how are you doing?" text.

You're not asking him to date you, just wondering whether you should text him. There's no harm in sending a friendly one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.