Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in studying International Relations at Leiden. Probably starting in Feb 2018.

Does anybody know how much I need to have saved for living costs there? I will likely be sharing all the costs with my girlfriend. Also whether there's any potential loans/ grants for international students.

ReputationRep:
    There is an international office manager at Leiden U in charge of student recruitment. You can contact her. As a rule of thumb:

1) If you are EU student, you can get a student loan from the Dutch government to cover home student tuition 1900 euros a year. it operates the same as UK's SLC and needs to be repaid. But you need to apply for the loan. It is straight forward and the website has an English version.

2) No loan to cover living cost. Exceptions: You or your parents are domiciled in Holland and paid Dutch income tax for at least 2 years. Living cost for Leiden: 900 euros a month depending on your lifestyle.

3) http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasm...egree-loans_en

4) Leiden U may have some scholarships for exceptional students

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.