Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I cannot find anyone starting in March!! Anyone starting their nursing studies in March??!! ☺️☺️

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'll be starting with the March Cohort Still yet to hear about where we will need to be on the first few days though!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I will also be in the March cohort, doing MH Nursing (at Cardiff)..

I've not received any information either! And it's very annoying to say the least.. i did manage to squeeze that the 27th March will be the first day.
    However no official information.

Have either of you been given the OH check forms or health checker form?

(Usw have distributed all information their March cohort btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBrooks91)
    Hey! I'll be starting with the March Cohort Still yet to hear about where we will need to be on the first few days though!
    Don't worry I'm still waiting, hopefully shouldn't be too long!! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fraquel89)
    Hello! I will also be in the March cohort, doing MH Nursing (at Cardiff)..

I've not received any information either! And it's very annoying to say the least.. i did manage to squeeze that the 27th March will be the first day.
    However no official information.

Have either of you been given the OH check forms or health checker form?

(Usw have distributed all information their March cohort btw)
    Ahh, thank you for that stating date information!! I'm also going to be studying Mental Health!☺️ But no, I haven't received any forms, or other information.

ReputationRep:
    GracieFfion ooooh we're going to
    Be uni buddies lol! 😉

and no worries!its nice to know
    We're all in the same boat.
    The woman on the phone said all
    Official info will be sent out at the end of January and if you don't hear anything, given them a call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fraquel89)
    GracieFfion ooooh we're going to
    Be uni buddies lol! 😉

and no worries!its nice to know
    We're all in the same boat.
    The woman on the phone said all
    Official info will be sent out at the end of January and if you don't hear anything, given them a call.
    Just happy I've found someone else I the same boat hahaha!! Oooo looks like we will be 😆😆

That's fine I can wait until the end of Jan

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm starting Mental Health Nursing in March at Cardiff too. I've been phoning them up as well! I'm a mature student and will be leaving a job and trying to buy a house in Wales, so I wanted to know which campus we were on and the start date at least. They've not been very forthcoming but they said 27th March as above.

I got an email about applying for the NHS bursary so I've done that and got accepted (phew!). But nothing else. I did find this web page which has a few bits and pieces https://healthcaresciences.cf.ac.uk/handbook/ , the registration info is all about September though but it gives you an idea.

ReputationRep:
    orangestripes I completely sympathise! I'm too a mature student/work full time/ looking to buy a house.. but I am living in Cardiff so not as much pressure as you.

If you're still looking for confirmation about the campus it's Ty Dewi Sant, a building on the Heath Hospital Grounds (UHW). You may have had your interview there...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Fraquel. My interview was at Eastgate House near the shopping centre so I've not seen the Health site yet. I'm just leaping into the unknown!

I can't wait to find out what placements we have where and when. I know they can send us all over, Chepstow, Abergavenny etc, but I guess a lot of the MH placements must be in Cardiff, Llandough maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting Adult Nursing in March at Cardiff and received my offer back in December, but I've still not received any information from the uni about starting dates/ applying for an NHS bursary/ Occupation health forms. Can anyone help??

ReputationRep:
    Hello!! And yes!!

You need to apply for a NHS bursary and course funding independently.. getting one will be part of your conditional offer. Ie no NHS funding, no place on nursing for you.
    See link below. It's very easy, and their very quick at getting back to you. Click on "apply for NHS bursary".

http://www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk/home

Don't know what the site is for English/Scottish students.

I would also suggest getting a student fiance loan.. depending which country you're getting it from you could get a max of £3030 a year.

http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk

The NHS funds are non repayable, but you will have to pay back student fiance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey There! Glad to see I'm not the only one starting Adult Nursing in March. I did feel like a bit of a black sheep amongst all of these Mental Health trainees; not a future career I could do I admit, credit where it is due. I haven't heard anything yet either and going by what the others have said above (thanks all) I'm sure there is no need to worry. I can't imagine much difference between Adult and Mental Health regarding when they'll send us the info. Good luck all, not long left now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic98)
    Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting Adult Nursing in March at Cardiff and received my offer back in December, but I've still not received any information from the uni about starting dates/ applying for an NHS bursary/ Occupation health forms. Can anyone help??
    Hi there! You need to apply for your NHS bursary at www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk
    I haven't received any OH forms either :-)
    Hope this helps!!
    Oooo I'm studying Mental Health nursing and living in halls :-)

Apparently we'll be starting on 27th March, not sure if this date will differ for an Adult Nurse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBrooks91)
    Hey There! Glad to see I'm not the only one starting Adult Nursing in March. I did feel like a bit of a black sheep amongst all of these Mental Health trainees; not a future career I could do I admit, credit where it is due. I haven't heard anything yet either and going by what the others have said above (thanks all) I'm sure there is no need to worry. I can't imagine much difference between Adult and Mental Health regarding when they'll send us the info. Good luck all, not long left now!
    Yay I'm not the only one! Good luck to you too, see you soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieFfion)
    Hi there! You need to apply for your NHS bursary at www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk
    I haven't received any OH forms either :-)
    Hope this helps!!
    Oooo I'm studying Mental Health nursing and living in halls :-)

Apparently we'll be starting on 27th March, not sure if this date will differ for an Adult Nurse.
    Thank you for your help! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'm not the only one! Good luck to you too, see you soon!
    Thank-you Incase your as lost and bewildered as I'll probably be, I will be taking the motorbike (should be easy to park) for the first few days at least until I get in the routine to cycle, if ever! Look out for the dude with little hair carrying around his bike helmet, looking confused.... Not sure how big a crowd or how easy that'll be to spot mind. Apologies for not being as helpful as Gracie or Fraquel with the bursary info. I wrote my message at the end of a 12 hour nightshift; I do suppose that meant I didn't read your post well, or respond that great either haha.

ReputationRep:
    Orangestripes oh didn't know they did interviews up there..the heath is a bit tight for parking, which is typical of any hospital I suppose...so get their early!

Yea I think they can send you out as far as they have to inorder to meet your experience needs. I know they do placements with Ludlow hospitals and the main prison, and I think Caswell Clinic. Llandough is the new fancy pants NHS hospital.. I think they have a few MH wards including forensic. And we'll get to work within the Cardiff Crisis team!!

Fingers and toes crossed we'll all get an email tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received any info/emails?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received any info/emails?

No 🙄

I called them today and they said they were running late and hoped to send out forms via post tomorrow...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.