Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm recently diagnosed High functioning autism (at 30!). I've partially completed a degree and am looking at going to a different uni (in London) for years 2 and 3.
    Can anyone here tell me what support you get from the disibility team with an asperger/HFA diagnosis? Also did you declare your condition on your ucas form / at enrollment?

I'm particularly looking at London uni's for year 2 and 3, possibly Greenwich/ Goldsmiths / Westminster. So if anyone has personal experience of them that would be great also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azaelia)
    Hi, i'm recently diagnosed High functioning autism (at 30!). I've partially completed a degree and am looking at going to a different uni (in London) for years 2 and 3.
    Can anyone here tell me what support you get from the disibility team with an asperger/HFA diagnosis? Also did you declare your condition on your ucas form / at enrollment?

I'm particularly looking at London uni's for year 2 and 3, possibly Greenwich or Westminster. So if anyone has personal experience of those 2 that would be great also.
    Sorry, only experience I have had is at college level (so bad I am complaining this weekend!)

But.. I have applied for uni (up north) and I have declared my condition on my application.

ReputationRep:
    how does it effect you. what support do you need to bring you level with other students. dsa is there for extra support. but your uni should be also able to assist.

ReputationRep:
    I was only offer a mentor meet like once a week and a group meeting with other also in the same boat. Not really any support. I believe their assumption you manage the last 20 years of your life you are ok with like 30mins meet up everyweek..... All and all it bascially turn in to how my supervisor terrifing me (apprently she is also autistic, how damn lucky I am), complaining how univerisity student are horrible and inconsiderate making noise so I moved 6 times in my time in university (I live in university accomodation for all 3 year cause i couldn't buddy up with other to find house). Good luck , I hope your university give you a better experience than I had.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.