The Student Room Group

Can Someone with aspergers Tell me (very kindly)

What is your biggest flaw?
Also, what career are you most drawing towards?
I have Heard that you are good at maths And Also I would like to know If you have trouble letting go?
I've Heard left handed people have a much higher likehood at being affectés by aspergers And Also perfectionism to a max and am ability to become a Genius in your spécial field of interest?
Normally I would assume I never think I own people but just follow rules So If I don't see Someone I Forget about them but If They have wronged me by The rules I usually feel dissapointed. It is apparent to me that If Someone who does not take part in what you So or take your interest you may shun them completely which is not normal behaviour for general benefit of society And can be slightly awkward.
I would just like clarification on this from personal experience as I have not been able to have an explanation of some of The things I would like to know how to better approach Someone who has Aspergers.
(edited 7 years ago)
We're all different.

Me? It's to do with understanding language and generally communicating with others.

The being good at maths is a myth.
Reply 2
My issue is communicating with others- I struggle with understanding emotions and body language, and I cannot tell when people are bored of a conversation. I repeat myself a lot too. I also can come off as rude as I often say things without realising how others might interpret them. I have had issues with sarcasm and understanding metaphors and jokes as well.
Career wise I want to be a chemical engineer. I am stereotypically good at science, however I do enjoy the arts as well. Just with music I have no rhythm, and with art I struggle with fine motor co-ordination. Though I don't really get along with English literature.
Original post by emduck
My issue is communicating with others- I struggle with understanding emotions and body language, and I cannot tell when people are bored of a conversation. I repeat myself a lot too. I also can come off as rude as I often say things without realising how others might interpret them. I have had issues with sarcasm and understanding metaphors and jokes as well.
Career wise I want to be a chemical engineer. I am stereotypically good at science, however I do enjoy the arts as well. Just with music I have no rhythm, and with art I struggle with fine motor co-ordination. Though I don't really get along with English literature.

Ok cool! That sounds kinda funny but I don't think its any reason for alarm. Do you feel distressed in these situations? I've considered chemical engineering to!
Original post by emduck

Most of this I could have written. I've been told I don't explain myself that well either, a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending