Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Someone with aspergers Tell me (very kindly) Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is your biggest flaw?
    Also, what career are you most drawing towards?
    I have Heard that you are good at maths And Also I would like to know If you have trouble letting go?
    I've Heard left handed people have a much higher likehood at being affectés by aspergers And Also perfectionism to a max and am ability to become a Genius in your spécial field of interest?
    Normally I would assume I never think I own people but just follow rules So If I don't see Someone I Forget about them but If They have wronged me by The rules I usually feel dissapointed. It is apparent to me that If Someone who does not take part in what you So or take your interest you may shun them completely which is not normal behaviour for general benefit of society And can be slightly awkward.
    I would just like clarification on this from personal experience as I have not been able to have an explanation of some of The things I would like to know how to better approach Someone who has Aspergers.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    We're all different.

Me? It's to do with understanding language and generally communicating with others.

The being good at maths is a myth.

ReputationRep:
    My issue is communicating with others- I struggle with understanding emotions and body language, and I cannot tell when people are bored of a conversation. I repeat myself a lot too. I also can come off as rude as I often say things without realising how others might interpret them. I have had issues with sarcasm and understanding metaphors and jokes as well.
    Career wise I want to be a chemical engineer. I am stereotypically good at science, however I do enjoy the arts as well. Just with music I have no rhythm, and with art I struggle with fine motor co-ordination. Though I don't really get along with English literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emduck)
    My issue is communicating with others- I struggle with understanding emotions and body language, and I cannot tell when people are bored of a conversation. I repeat myself a lot too. I also can come off as rude as I often say things without realising how others might interpret them. I have had issues with sarcasm and understanding metaphors and jokes as well.
    Career wise I want to be a chemical engineer. I am stereotypically good at science, however I do enjoy the arts as well. Just with music I have no rhythm, and with art I struggle with fine motor co-ordination. Though I don't really get along with English literature.
    Ok cool! That sounds kinda funny but I don't think its any reason for alarm. Do you feel distressed in these situations? I've considered chemical engineering to!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emduck)
    Most of this I could have written. I've been told I don't explain myself that well either, a lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.