Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have I left it too late to revise? [Serious help needed!] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    Too late? I only revised for maths in my mocks, ended up passing everything actually except English lit got an A* in Maths so...

but that's just me.

IT'S JANUARY LIKE WTH MAN. I started revising for my GCSEs in Easter and that was light revision - 3 hours a day, 3 subjects, each with a 30 minute break in between. I kind of slacked off when I returned to school but still revised after school everyday for about 2 hours.

I haven't even started A level revision yet! Although I will (hopefully) soon in about early February.

What I suggest is you make a timetable, You don't want to bore yourself though with too much revision because GCSEs are boring as f*ck, it's just regurgitating things which are in fact false sometimes. Weekends I did around 4 hours after Easter so that was pretty intensive but probably wasn't the most effective revision...

I ended up getting

A*A*AAAAAABBC

I was a bit disappointed with the Bs and the C but they were English lang/lit and resistant materials like wtf man. Why the f*ck did I take resistant materials? I hated it and everyone in there was rough (not stereotyping or anything). And lets not talk about English.

Funnily enough the subject I revised for least (Maths) I got an A* because I revised very hard for it in my mocks and kind of just turbo ploughed through everything and understood every concept. I got an A* in Geography but literally gorged my eyeballs on CGP books for hours to get that.

So yeah man, dunno what the f*ck you're stressing out about. You have a couple months of freedom then you will work hard and get rewarded in August.

I SHOULD BE THE ONE WORRYING ACTUALLY ATM!!!!
    Lol I'm doing a level and I'm stressing out!!!

ReputationRep:
    youve learnt the stuff revision is just to refresh your memory and ingrain it.try not to stress or panic that will do more damage than weak revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkSmurf7)
    Hi, I've taken History, Business and Sociology for my option choices. I'm still taking the standard English Language, English Literature, Maths and Triple Science.

I've done my Business coursework which I got a B on (25% of final grade)

I've almost completed my science coursework which I'll get at least a C in my teacher has said (25% of final grade)

I've completed my History coursework but haven't been told what I've got yet (25% of final grade).

Now, here's my concern. I took my mock exams around November / December and did not revise at all for even one exam. I fell asleep through most exams with around half an hour to an hour remaining.

These are my mock results:

English Language - 2 (E)
    English Litreature - 4 (C)
    Maths - 4 - (C)
    Science (Combined) - F
    Business - C
    Sociology - D (2 marks of a c)
    History - E.

Now, these for me are shocking I need to get atleast all C's. I got around 115 days left for my final exams and need to know, if I revise every day for about two hours a day will I be able to get C's for all my subjects? Or is it too late from seeing my grades here?

Thanks.
    im in the wxact same position i got all ds in my mocks and have 114 days till first paper which is a english paper i have wasted 2 much time on courswork i hope i succeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vali7654321)
    Its never too late to revise!!!!!!

I started my revision from January aswell after getting mostly D's and E's in the mocks but then I revised 2 hours a day during the week and 3 hours on the weekend and i got 9A's and 1B in the actual exam.
    thanks for this advise it was very uplifting im going to knuckle down thanks dued

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkSmurf7)
    Hi, I've taken History, Business and Sociology for my option choices. I'm still taking the standard English Language, English Literature, Maths and Triple Science.

I've done my Business coursework which I got a B on (25% of final grade)

I've almost completed my science coursework which I'll get at least a C in my teacher has said (25% of final grade)

I've completed my History coursework but haven't been told what I've got yet (25% of final grade).

Now, here's my concern. I took my mock exams around November / December and did not revise at all for even one exam. I fell asleep through most exams with around half an hour to an hour remaining.

These are my mock results:

English Language - 2 (E)
    English Litreature - 4 (C)
    Maths - 4 - (C)
    Science (Combined) - F
    Business - C
    Sociology - D (2 marks of a c)
    History - E.

Now, these for me are shocking I need to get atleast all C's. I got around 115 days left for my final exams and need to know, if I revise every day for about two hours a day will I be able to get C's for all my subjects? Or is it too late from seeing my grades here?

Thanks.
    No don't worry I had my GCSE'S last year you've smashed literature which is the hard one youl easily pass language if you don't fall asleep and put your mind to it for science now is a good time to start revising just revise your full specification book so say if your examining board is AQA you can get a book off them for I think £22 each so youl need chemistry physics biology all you have to do is start revising them books do past papers on what you revised on and always remember that you need to revise atleast bare minium solid revision around 3-4 hours a day so for 3 consecutive days do chemistry one day then physics then bio then on the 4th day spend an hour on each to summarise and then do maths for 2 days on 3rd day summarise youl ace it 115 days is plenty it's never too late of you put your mind to it!

ReputationRep:
    there's no way you've left it too late. i didn't start revising properly until the beginning of may (first exam was the 16th) and had mock results similar to yours but i came out with 4A*'s 4A's 3B's and a U. for things like maths, all you can do is past papers. there's an amazing website called mathsgenie which has booklets of exam questions by topic. i worked through all of them and before my maths i got up at 4am and just did past papers and i came out with an A*.
    for english, get yourself a set of flash cards. on one side write a theme/character and fill that side with quotes and points you could write about if you got an essay on that theme/character.
    make all your revision look pretty and colour coded, it will make you want to read it more and i found it made it stick in my brain

good luck and don't worry too much - GCSE's aren't a life or death sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    i ould advice a little better planning than the last poster says. just start now with a plan and keep to it. don't forget to have some fun as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.