Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jan 25th: When was the last time you told a big lie? Watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you told a big lie?

We’re talking honesty on The Surgery this week, because of a recent report that half of young NEETS (not in employment, education or training) think almost nobody can be trusted online.

Ever been caught out on a lie? How much guilt does lying give you? How honest are you online?

We trust YOU to confess how honest you are, online and IRL, right here.

Join Gemma and Dr Radha at 9pm on Wednesday 25th January to find out if honesty is the best policy.

Please note: you can post on this forum anonymously.

Monday! IRL. I have no guilt whatsoever sometimes you have to pretend that you like your boyfriend's mum

I don't think I've ever lied online.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I lie at least 5 times a day, minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I was gonna ask you what do you lie about but then you'd lie about lying so nvm.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I never lie. :innocent:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    I was gonna ask you what do you lie about but then you'd lie about lying so nvm.
    :rofl::rofl:

Nah, I only lie to get myself out of trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Gf comes in with her friend and goes "doesn't she look pretty today" I say yeah, really though she looked fugly That was this morn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djac99)
    Gf comes in with her friend and goes "doesn't she look pretty today" I say yeah, really though she looked fugly That was this morn
    Oh **** 'big lie' oh well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't tell big porkies but like a lot of people I'm bad for the little white lies like "Yeah, I'm fine", "I had fun at that party" or even "Its nice to see you" :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Told my mum that I'd go visit my nan at some point soon. I probably should but she's a hateful old b**** and I can't stand being around her, no lies there.

ReputationRep:
    You're lying to yourself
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Friend saw me using TSR on my phone.

"Is that TSR?"

"No."
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    You're lying to yourself
    Yeah, I lie to myself 10 times a day.

Lying comes as easily as breathing.

My childhood, my qualifications, my relationships etc. My life is a construction which I alter depending on whom I talk to.

There's an element of risk that you might slip up, and I have little bursts of worry about people finding out, but these are rare, and I certainly feel no guilt.

I also tell little white lies on a day to day basis to avoid hassle, I think most people are the same. Sincerity is overrated, no-one really wants 100% honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I lie to myself 10 times a day.
    Is that a lie
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is that a lie
    You tell me.

Uh, I hardly ever tell big lies. Today's 'big lie' was telling my father, who does not live with me, that I went to school, even though I did not go to school due to my insomnia. If not that, maybe the lie I told my mother like a week ago when she last called: that everything is fine in school (it is not). I chose to say it is fine because she has major heart problems and I did not want to stress her out any more than she already is.

I do not think either of these is that big a lie, but that is the best I can come up with just for my real life.

My real life and online persona share a lie. I lie about my dream career to everyone because it is not a career I should be speaking about if I even want a chance to get there, which I believe is completely justifiable.

As for online, I used to be a bit of a liar when I was 12-13. I claimed I spoke twelve languages, although I only speak two. I stopped when I was 13. This would have to take the cake for the last big lie I told since everything else pales in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    You tell me.
    It isn't a lie
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It isn't a lie

ReputationRep:
    I said "I'm fine" #deep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.