Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jan 25th: When was the last time you told a big lie? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    I said "I'm fine" #deep
    So deep Adele rolls in it :eek:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last big lie I told was telling my personal tutor that I was sick, which is why I did not attend class for an entire week in December.

I do not lie online.

ReputationRep:
    Me I lie all the time you see telling the truth always is kind of boring and bland so I do like to add a little bit of seasoning and spice onto the truth, it makes it sound better! :elmo: For example once I came home back from college and told my parents that my teacher fainted in the middle of the lesson and we had to go call the nurse because her blood sugar levels were down and the nurse said if it wasn't for our classes quick thinking it could have been a different end but in reality she felt as if her levels were down and went to go get some chocolates and came back five minutes later feeling better and carried on with the lesson. so what do you think what story would you rather hear over the dinner table?

ReputationRep:
    Little white lies.

But probably like an hour ago

When you want to get out of something "I can't sorry. My mum needs me"

ReputationRep:
    Don't really lie online as I see no point. Sometimes people do for that ego boost but it's really just giving yourself a false sense of what you really are and in some ways seeing yourself inadequate and in a negative view. I have lied in real life, ironically I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but over the years as I've matured and have grown older I've began to lie a lot less. The only reason why I would do it is to fit in, is to make sure no one makes fun of me or thinks of me in bad ways etc and growing up and realising that nobody cares if you didn't do so and so or if you didn't have so and so it doesn't really matter and if someone does judge you for it then **** them as they are *******s

ReputationRep:
    The biggest lie I have ever told is that I'm straight. I really don't wanna pretend anymore but I can't bring myself to come out

ReputationRep:
    Saturday,
    I lied to my mom and told her i hadn't had dinner at my mates house. I have done this almost every weekend for the past 4 years, nothing better than 2 dinners.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday.

Friend: How are you?

Me: Fine. How about you?

*Lie in bold

I don't really lie day to day tbh, don't see the point really although i guess i do have different 'lives' for different aspects of my life, but those aren't lies as such that is just omitting information from certain people for different reasons.
    the only lies i can think of is the obvious 'im fine' (seriously though why do people actually ask you that in the corridor, like they are gonna stop if u say anything other than yeh..), that im not gay (never explicitly said im straight either tho so meh) and the biggest one recently was probably when i had to tell a tutor one of my nightmares during which i did something to hurt myself and he said do u acc feel like doing that to which my answer was obviously no because of all the drama that would cause. but yeh
    dont lie really, one of my only redeeming qualities is my candour :borat:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have told some lies online, I admit it. Out of the internet, I am a quite honest young man who can't tell a lie.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    I never lie. :innocent:
    I see some spots on your white vest...

ReputationRep:
    Well... When my exam went bad and i didnt want my friends to think that im an idiot i told them i was sick.

ReputationRep:
    So this reply is going to be a bit of a mess because I'm not 100% sure how to properly and clearly explain it... but here goes:
    Well; I'm not 100% sure if this counts but... I lie about my vision on a daily basis. I have a visual impairment which means I have around 1/3 "normal" vision. And I look "normal" ((you know- I don't look like an albino, I don't wear funky shades or have a cane or dog)) So people just assume I'm normal... which is good at times. But when I need help reading something or finding something it's awful- people treat me so differently- as if I'm suddenly stupid etc. I also lie about my vision because it's easier to make friends and it's just generally less hassle- it's affected my life so so much and I often regret the decision- but now these lies are engraved in my brain My automatic reaction to when someone asks"can you see that?" Is "YEP!" And 99% of the time I can't see it at all I've no idea how to come back from this- some of my friends don't even know I can't see....
    Again, not sure if this technically counts as a big lie, but I kind of wanted to get it off my chest!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it a big lie to pretend you're feeling ill to get away from people?
    If so then today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Is it a big lie to pretend you're feeling ill to get away from people?
    If so then today.
    That's the sort of lie everyone does, and in a way it's a sort of mental self-defence as well if you don't really think you're up to it. I almost think, for things like this, there's a kind of "acceptable lie".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    That's the sort of lie everyone does, and in a way it's a sort of mental self-defence as well if you don't really think you're up to it. I almost think, for things like this, there's a kind of "acceptable lie".
    Yeah that's one way to look at it. I like this way.

ReputationRep:
    'No, coach, my wrist doesn't hurt' even though I'm crying inside because these damn spiking drills are aggravating my De Quervain's like hell.

'I don't get it, either' because I honestly cannot be bothered to explain the work to the irritating cow next to me who would've understood if she hadn't been taking selfies when the work was being explained.

'No, I didn't walk the dog yet' because the heating's broken and I'm warmer when I'm walking, but I'm only allowed out if it's for school or to walk the dog. She doesn't mind extra walks, she gets more time sprinting in the park.

'I didn't see your text' because this chick's annoying as hell and still hasn't managed to take the hints I've been dropping since last February that I don't want to be friends with her.

ReputationRep:
    I think he is telling the truth.
    If he was telling the truth he wouldnt have told us!
    Unless of course he knew you wouldnt beleive the truth even if he told you...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.