The Student Room Group

Someone please help!

I got my mock results and these are the grades I received: 5A*'s, 2A's, B, 3D's. I got 2 D's in English and so I have been told that I will not enter the sixth form I want to go to. It's really upsetting since in terms of grades, I was in the top 5 of the year. Someone help me. I feel really disheartened, especially since some of the people who got accepted did a lot worse than me in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry. There may be another sixth form out there that is a better place for you. You've done really great and there is always room for improvement from now to your real exams. Completely smash the exams to get you to where you want to be in the future :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hajra Momoniat
Don't worry. There may be another sixth form out there that is a better place for you. You've done really great and there is always room for improvement from now to your real exams. Completely smash the exams to get you to where you want to be in the future :smile:

Thanks but I want my options open. This is one of two places I applied to. That's why it's so annoying. It's messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moltenmo
Thanks but I want my options open. This is one of two places I applied to. That's why it's so annoying. It's messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it. As long as the other place gives you a place then its fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hajra Momoniat
Don't worry about it. As long as the other place gives you a place then its fine :smile:

I've only applied for one other place. Also, this doesn't feel like encouragement lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay dude, you need to learn from your mistakes and quick. Thankfully this was only mocks, so you need to find the source as to why you got 2 D's in English. If it's just, I suck at English in general, then you will need to set aside more time to learn it, ask your teachers for advice and if past papers help, do them.
P.S - you can always swing things around for the real eam. My sister also got a D in her mocks, she was predicted an A*. In her real exam, she got an A*
Original post by Moltenmo
I've only applied for one other place. Also, this doesn't feel like encouragement lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry. What I was trying to say is there is bound to be a place for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest