Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Cheers man
    Hello.

https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict/misc/...stion-Pack.pdf

The above link provides each question in existence, organised by topic. Its a PDF so you should be able to view it anywhere, including in a web browser so you don't need Microsoft Office.

Remember there are also mark schemes here: https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict
    On that page, I've put a button above the table containing all of the papers so you can access the question pack easily.

Good luck with your revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    Hello.

The above link provides each question in existence, organised by topic. Its a PDF so you should be able to view it anywhere, including in a web browser so you don't need Microsoft Office.

On that page, I've put a button above the table containing all of the papers so you can access the question pack easily.

Hey this is great ! But I wondering do u have it in a word doc cuz I'm trying to print it and the questions don't come out clearly and I just added new ink I think I need to make the questions a bit darker.. but can't do that on pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Hey this is great ! But I wondering do u have it in a word doc cuz I'm trying to print it and the questions don't come out clearly and I just added new ink I think I need to make the questions a bit darker.. but can't do that on pdf
    I don't have a MS office version available at the moment unfortunately. Just try opening in adobe reader and then click print, followed by clicking the checkbox labelled 'print in greyscale (black and white)'. This will disengage your colour cartridges for the job and should resolve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a MS office version available at the moment unfortunately. Just try opening in adobe reader and then click print, followed by clicking the checkbox labelled 'print in greyscale (black and white)'. This will disengage your colour cartridges for the job and should resolve the problem.
    Thank you man and I wanted some advice from everyone as I'm retaking AS ICT and I'm doin A2 how can I split it up between February,march and April.
    Topics I need to cover are : AS : 6abcd -789101112

A2: I have 8 and 9 left

Can someone help me split those up in a realistic manner from Feb to April. Thank you soo much if someone decides to do so

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevellife123)
    Thank you very much!
    You are welcome!

ReputationRep:
    could you please upload your revision notes please?

ReputationRep:
    What revision notes haha? You mean mark schemes I hope?

If you really want to use notes, which I don't suggest (except to have a little look over stuff in the spec which hasn't come up before if you have time at the end ), then I will put it on my website later. I'll stick the IT1 notes there too.

Will post when those are up (tonight at some point)

ReputationRep:
    OK, the IT1 and IT3 theory pack given to me by my teacher is now on my site under the useful materials section.

https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict

If you want anything else just ask and I will see if I have it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm James and I'm taking the IT A level in one year (it's possible watch me) I'm a year 11 student and wanted to see if any one knows any tricks of the trade for the AS and A2 exams as I have done the coursework, hopefully full marks, or anyone just knows about the AS. This is my first time doing both.

Thanks,
    James

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesa-9283)
    Hi there,
    I'm James and I'm taking the IT A level in one year (it's possible watch me) I'm a year 11 student and wanted to see if any one knows any tricks of the trade for the AS and A2 exams as I have done the coursework, hopefully full marks, or anyone just knows about the AS. This is my first time doing both.

Thanks,
    James
    Welcome to hell.

First tip; everything you know about IT is gone. You must learn everything on the principal examiner's terms via his marking schemes if you wish to do any good. A grievous error on your part would be to think you already know half the syllabus, as this is the mistake many people make, and guess what grade they get? - This seems to be Mr. examiner's pet hate, as he brings up the argument of 'common ICT knowledge is not sufficient' quite frequently in reports.

Admittedly, at first glance of a paper, much of it does seem like 'common sense', but I can absolutely assure you that this is not the case. In 95% of cases, if it's not written as it is on the mark scheme (or very close) then you are most probably not getting the mark.

For this reason, do not underestimate the amount of work you must put in to achieve a decent result in this subject, especially since you are trying to sit both of the exams in only one year alongside what is presumably most (if not all) of your GCSEs. The amount of information you must simply memorise is enormous.

With regard to the rest of the tips, just look at the first post made on this thread, I talk a lot about how you should approach it.

I do not mean to put you off, but I do encourage people to take a realistic, and well informed approach to these exams. If this isn't enough motivation to work hard and work in the correct way, I do not know what is.

Good luck anyway and welcome to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I have seen you have put notes up could I have a look at them and your resources you have linked to please.
    Thanks,
    James Burning In Hell.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I have seen you have put notes up could I have a look at them and your resources you have linked to please.
    Thanks,
    James Burning In Hell.
    If you go over to my site which I link in the first post, you will see basically everything you need there.

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    You're welcome. If you are unsure about something, you can either of course ask your teacher or make a post here and I (or somebody else) will try to help. I've sat the IT1 exam and have seen the kind of reasons why marks get taken away, and I'm getting through IT3 now. Aiming to be done with it by about the second week of March so I can just do papers.

Are you doing any other A Levels this year? - I am interested as I have not heard of a GCSE pupil doing the IT A Level before.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths A level and Physics but my physics is being done outside of school

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths A level and Physics but my physics is being done outside of school
    A demanding year for you then. Be sure to stick around and let us know how you do on results day.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou I will

ReputationRep:
    Ooh before I forget, Is there any way to actually answer the questions or are they all just get the information down? (Sorry about all the questions)

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.