Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WJEC Information & Communication Technology IT3 (LEGACY) 1243/01 - 16 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylad)
    The code of conduct one wasn't about what it contained was it? I thought it was about what it stops
    The question definitely felt like last years' code of conduct question just made you talk about the problem first and then the guideline later, which is just the opposite of the way they did it last time - just really cryptic.

I know which question you are talking about, but that is more about the examples of the ways in which employees can misuse the ICT facilities, but like I say, it felt like a mixture of these two questions at the same time... I still can't be certain now. Only thing is, he asked for a definition of codes of conduct, and in all cases before, a discussion of the guidelines and the problems they are designed to overcome has followed on from it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there going to be an unofficial markscheme for the paper we did yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_Lee)
    Hi, is there going to be an unofficial markscheme for the paper we did yesterday?
    Eventually - I have my last exam on Monday so until then I am either revising or chilling (or boiling b/c its like 30 degrees in here)

Expect one some point late next week - I should have the paper then too.

ReputationRep:
    okay take your time as I have still got exams as well and its hard to revise as it is let alone make a mark scheme in between exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hehexd)
    25 raw marks
    errm that does;t sound right.. is that for a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    errm that does;t sound right.. is that for a B?
    if you currently have 256 UMS between AS & the A level coursework then you would need 24UMS in IT3 to get a B (280UMS)

24 UMS last year was 25 raw marks and it will probably be the same or close to this

ReputationRep:
    What would I need for a b if I have 210 raw marks marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hehexd)
    if you currently have 256 UMS between AS & the A level coursework then you would need 24UMS in IT3 to get a B (280UMS)

24 UMS last year was 25 raw marks and it will probably be the same or close to this

I think I got about 44/90 marks in this exam will that be OK or is that really bad???? And difficult to achieve , thank you for your patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylad)
    Yo you should have used HIRE and hireID instead of location. Why put 4 when it asks for 2? I put the one about unfamiliar disease.
    ****, I put Van and Van ID will this be wrong ? Also for question 1 about HCI I put signposting and layout instead of signposting and online help files will I lose marks??

ReputationRep:
    ****, I put Van and Van ID will this be wrong ? Also for question 1 about HCI I put signposting and layout instead of signposting and online help files will I lose marks??
    I'm writing a mark scheme for the exam now. Will be up later today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://jacktilson.net/dl/IT3-predicted-MS-2017.pdf

Here is the predicted/unofficial marking scheme for the paper that was sat on Friday.

AA923 Jasmine_Bunn luisgouveia98 Mande1724

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the raw marks to UMS converter? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanmaker)
    Anyone have the raw marks to UMS converter? Thank you
    Select the year and GCE June then find INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)

Here is the predicted/unofficial marking scheme for the paper that was sat on Friday.

For Q1 HCI - could you have put a specific point on colour blindness where red/green is not preferable but blue/yellow is best combination?

For Q16 did you have to have the table names you've put on your mark scheme because I did Manufacturer[ManufacturerID...] etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayhs98)
    For Q1 HCI - could you have put a specific point on colour blindness where red/green is not preferable but blue/yellow is best combination?

For Q16 did you have to have the table names you've put on your mark scheme because I did Manufacturer[ManufacturerID...] etc.
    I think he sometimes condones a point about colour blindness... But that might be the disabled user hci question I'm not entirely sure.

Tables names will be worth marks yes. But I wouldn't be certain that they would accept a table about manufacturers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many ums marks needed for a b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanmaker)
    How many ums marks needed for a b
    Overall: 400*0.7 = 280

for the IT3 unit only: 120*0.7 = 84

ReputationRep:
    I think I got about 44/90 marks in this exam will that be OK or is that really bad???? And difficult to achieve , thank you for your patience
    yes that should be enough if you currently have 256 UMS

ReputationRep:
    Overall: 400*0.7 = 280

for the IT3 unit only: 120*0.7 = 84
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

thanks for this! although i can't remember exactly what i wrote it's still interesting to see! i have no idea what i've got.. possibly not as well as i could have..

also for the internet question would 'lack of policing' count as different point to censorship as it said 'other than censorship' in the question??? not that it matters now anyway haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.