Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WJEC Information & Communication Technology IT3 (LEGACY) 1243/01 - 16 Jun 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesa-9283)
    Ooh before I forget, Is there any way to actually answer the questions or are they all just get the information down? (Sorry about all the questions)

Above is an example from IT3's Networks.

As you can see, it is important to remain close to the scheme for the factors, but you are let loose a little bit for the second mark set. It's wise to use mark scheme examples, but its good to bring in your own example also where appropriate to add meat to the bones.

ReputationRep:
    Guys if topic 6d and 6b came in AS exam last year do I have to learn it for this year ? ( pls say no lol )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Guys if topic 6d and 6b came in AS exam last year do I have to learn it for this year ? ( pls say no lol )
    Up to you if you take the risk mate. I would certainly place less emphasis on it, but you can never be too careful. It's very unlikely to come up again, but it might.

ReputationRep:
    I might just learn them at the end like make it the last thing I learn

ReputationRep:
    Hi do you have any exemplar work for your it4 coursework

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to answer this?

Compare and contrast the features/factors which make the difference between a good Management Information System (MIS) and a poor MIS. Use examples wherever possible to illustrate your answer. [13]

ReputationRep:
    This A2 exam is gnawing at me... I've decided to try and focus on getting at least what my university offers want. I recommend not getting a girlfriend as they take up a large portion of your time where you could be revising.
    Could you by any chance create a mark scheme per topic? So for example every question on databases, and then every mark scheme answer for databases too?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar_Ross)
    Anyone know how to answer this?

Compare and contrast the features/factors which make the difference between a good Management Information System (MIS) and a poor MIS. Use examples wherever possible to illustrate your answer. [13]
    The mark scheme for the specimen is here: https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict/misc/wjec-ict-sams.pdf

Go to page 34 for this particular question. For each of the points, you may want to do your own research or go looking through the textbook etc if you dont understand what the points mean. In modern questions, you will certainly need to expand on the points in order to get the marks.

I believe the policy for listing points only is: 1 mark for 4 points, 2 marks for 8 points (so DONT list them!)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0527.PNG
Views: 90
Size:  259.5 KB
    How can I expand on the popular power project ..? The flu vaccines bit to get the second mark ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Name:  IMG_0527.PNG
Views: 90
Size:  259.5 KB
    How can I expand on the popular power project ..? The flu vaccines bit to get the second mark ??
    You could say:

Another application of distributed computing is The Popular Power project. This is where a series of computers are used to work on finding an influenza vaccine. (sadly though, the company behind it closed down more than a decade ago)

the bit in brackets probably isn't necessary, but just adds more detail if you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    Pedantic student that's what I have I wasn't really sure about the it where the said " add more detail" would you prefer if we all did different papers and we can mark each other's as people see mark schemes in different way and it can help us find the missing touches to our answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Pedantic student that's what I have I wasn't really sure about the it where the said " add more detail" would you prefer if we all did different papers and we can mark each other's as people see mark schemes in different way and it can help us find the missing touches to our answers
    Add more detail is literally just your cue to write more about it, any more information which sheds any light on what the matter at hand about is all about (if that makes sense)

I personally just run mine through the two teachers available at my school (and its effort to scan the answers haha) - If you want to put your answers here then I will gladly scrutinise them if you like.

I would type them, but considering the exam is written, I feel its better to get used to writing the answers and making sure you are giving them in good time. I know the exam is a lengthy two and a half hours but I wouldn't like to find out that I can't write everything in time when its too late haha.

ReputationRep:
    So is it fine if once in a while I do a paper and then u can mark it for me as you seem good at this XD

ReputationRep:
    Because my teacher is hopeless u have no idea he tellls to use gcse computer science questions ... -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA923)
    Because my teacher is hopeless u have no idea he tellls to use gcse computer science questions ... -.-
    Ok haha. Yes I will gladly do that as the more time I get to spend looking at the mark schemes, the better.

I feel privileged to have a decent teacher, quite a few guys on here say their teacher is useless.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I didn't realise how much effort went into A levels (AS) and I was not organised enough in the slightest for my summer exams, I was aiming for a B/A in my summer AS ICT exam, going into it with an A on my coursework.
    My main focus on revision was using the textbook which I thought was really helping. When I came out of the exam thinking I smashed it.
    Turns out, in the end I came out with a U in the exam, so a D overall.
    Could anybody suggest any ways that I could revise better for my AS/A level ICT exams this year, as I feel as though maybe the textbook does not have all the information that I may have needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunalucha)
    Last year I didn't realise how much effort went into A levels (AS) and I was not organised enough in the slightest for my summer exams, I was aiming for a B/A in my summer AS ICT exam, going into it with an A on my coursework.
    My main focus on revision was using the textbook which I thought was really helping. When I came out of the exam thinking I smashed it.
    Turns out, in the end I came out with a U in the exam, so a D overall.
    Could anybody suggest any ways that I could revise better for my AS/A level ICT exams this year, as I feel as though maybe the textbook does not have all the information that I may have needed.
    The textbook isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Have a read of the first post on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    The textbook isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Have a read of the first post on this thread.
    OK, thank you

ReputationRep:
    A system analyst has been asked to update a company’s network. Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of peer-to-peer and client server network configuration he would include in his feasibility report. [6]

Can someone answer this question for me properly however this time being worth of 8 marks?? Much appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.