Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have everything a girl would want like a great boyfriend, a job and I'm doing okay in school. I just never feel happy or feel ANY motivation to revise. I kind of want to go to uni but I'm still undecided. What can I do to be happy and make myself revise for exams because right now I don't do any revision unless I have an important nab
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coleyy)
    I have everything a girl would want like a great boyfriend, a job and I'm doing okay in school. I just never feel happy or feel ANY motivation to revise. I kind of want to go to uni but I'm still undecided. What can I do to be happy and make myself revise for exams because right now I don't do any revision unless I have an important nab
    Have you seen your GP at all or talked to someone about what's going on? It could be you have depression or another illness (physical or mental), which can have a huge impact on something like this. Particularly motivation can definitely be a warning sign, and not feeling anything much. Moving this to mental health so you hopefully get some more replies but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coleyy)
    From what you've said you might have some level of depression or something. It's really common and can be quite mild.

You can take a look at mind.org and sane.org to learn more about conditions like depression and find advice on how to help your mental health.
    It can also help to see your doctor and I would advice you do if you are concerned. They don't just throw meds at you and have a lot of other advice to give and places to direct you.

On the whole the best thing for depression is some therapy. It can really help to work out the cause of how you are (or aren't) feeling and how to help yourself get better and stay better. You can access therapy through the nhs.

Unfortionately there isn't really a one size fits all way to be happy, but the sites I mentioned and seeing a therapist or counsellor can help you to find your way. It's generally good to give yourself some "me time" to keep relaxed, get enough sleep and get at least some fresh air and activity each day. Finding a hobby can also really help although if you're feeling depressed it can be difficult to find anything that really interests you.
    Talking is a big help too. It can be to whoever, wherever (friend, therapist, online forum, samaritans etc)- just try not to bottle things up. If you're ever lacking anybody to talk to samaritans has an anonymous email service which can help to get some things out. You do not have to be suicidal to talk to them - they're there for everyone.

Hope that helps a bit. Just remember if you deserve to be happy and feel well. If you don't there is help available.

ReputationRep:
    Well, your life is only as hard as you make it.....! Just relax, think, be positive & happiness will be yours...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Have you seen your GP at all or talked to someone about what's going on? It could be you have depression or another illness (physical or mental), which can have a huge impact on something like this. Particularly motivation can definitely be a warning sign, and not feeling anything much. Moving this to mental health so you hopefully get some more replies but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I havent yet no. I feel like I should soon if it does not get any better.Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    From what you've said you might have some level of depression or something. It's really common and can be quite mild.

You can take a look at mind.org and sane.org to learn more about conditions like depression and find advice on how to help your mental health.
    It can also help to see your doctor and I would advice you do if you are concerned. They don't just throw meds at you and have a lot of other advice to give and places to direct you.

On the whole the best thing for depression is some therapy. It can really help to work out the cause of how you are (or aren't) feeling and how to help yourself get better and stay better. You can access therapy through the nhs.

Unfortionately there isn't really a one size fits all way to be happy, but the sites I mentioned and seeing a therapist or counsellor can help you to find your way. It's generally good to give yourself some "me time" to keep relaxed, get enough sleep and get at least some fresh air and activity each day. Finding a hobby can also really help although if you're feeling depressed it can be difficult to find anything that really interests you.
    Talking is a big help too. It can be to whoever, wherever (friend, therapist, online forum, samaritans etc)- just try not to bottle things up. If you're ever lacking anybody to talk to samaritans has an anonymous email service which can help to get some things out. You do not have to be suicidal to talk to them - they're there for everyone.

Hope that helps a bit. Just remember if you deserve to be happy and feel well. If you don't there is help available.
    I have done a few online tests and they have all said depression. I cant talk to anyone about it because I feel stupid, however I will take up your advice on talking to various people about it especially those websites you recommended, thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samikhan007)
    Well, your life is only as hard as you make it.....! Just relax, think, be positive & happiness will be yours...!
    This kind of 'advice' really peeves me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It happens when you have been a professional for too long....! Try something out of the box like doing what you like for real.......!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samikhan007)
    It happens when you have been a professional for too long....! Try something out of the box like doing what you like for real.......!
    You wat

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.