Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gold Duke of Edinburgh breakfast help!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I'm doing my gold DofE practise expedition in march and I'm stuck on what to bring for breakfast (will need to take 3 breakfasts in total this time). Lots of people at school are taking porridge type things but I can't stand anything like that😷 Are there any alternatives to porridge that would be a good source of energy without taking up loads of space in my bag/that would last 4 days in a rucksack?? Any thought would be appreciated😊
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by elliefay321)
    Hey so I'm doing my gold DofE practise expedition in march and I'm stuck on what to bring for breakfast (will need to take 3 breakfasts in total this time). Lots of people at school are taking porridge type things but I can't stand anything like that😷 Are there any alternatives to porridge that would be a good source of energy without taking up loads of space in my bag/that would last 4 days in a rucksack?? Any thought would be appreciated😊
    I just put some cereal in a bag and took that! Make sure it's something that tastes alright dry as you obviously won't have any milk, it doesn't matter if it gets squashed though and doesn't take much space. You could even put it in a little plastic tub if you really want to. Also make sure it keeps you full and decent amount of energy/nutrition but yeah. Trying to remember the name of the one I remember using but yeah, try a few in the between now and then and decide which you want to take

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I just put some cereal in a bag and took that! Make sure it's something that tastes alright dry as you obviously won't have any milk, it doesn't matter if it gets squashed though and doesn't take much space. You could even put it in a little plastic tub if you really want to. Also make sure it keeps you full and decent amount of energy/nutrition but yeah. Trying to remember the name of the one I remember using but yeah, try a few in the between now and then and decide which you want to take

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good, thank you!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You need some high energy foods (like cereal bars?) that will last a few days or so.

ReputationRep:
    You could go to a store like Cotswold and pick up a pack like beans and sausages, boil in the bash

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.