Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    I got my mock results and these are the grades I received: 5A*'s, 2A's, B, 3D's. I got 2 D's in English and so I have been told that I will not enter the sixth form I want to go to. It's really upsetting since in terms of grades, I was in the top 5 of the year. Someone help me. I feel really disheartened, especially since some of the people who got accepted did a lot worse than me in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe you should cheat and or lie...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Maybe you should cheat and or lie...
    What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    I know for certain that a 4 is a D for our board, I'm looking at it right now. Whether it's due to different boards or whatnot, I'm looking at a 4 as a D
    Please post a link - it can't be different to the Ofqual requirements.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh..nothing.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He means you should put 2 C's for English instead of 2 D's.
    My friend lied last year so he could get an interview and then went on to work his ass off until his GCSE's and got the C's so he got into the school.
    The only problem with doing that is if the sixth form asks your school for your grades, the school my friend applied to didn't ask the school for the grades so he got away with it luckily and assumed he was telling the truth.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidpoku)
    My friend lied last year so he could get an interview and then went on to work his ass off until his GCSE's and got the C's so he got into the school.
    The only problem with doing that is if the sixth form asks your school for your grades, the school my friend applied to didn't ask the school for the grades so he got away with it luckily and assumed he was telling the truth.
    Wouldn't work since my school is supplying the grades to both places I have applied for, one of which is the school itself lol.

At least I know I need to improve in English considerably. Truth be told, since Year 10, I've spent hardly any time on this core subject as opposed to the other two - maths and science. I guess I deserve this in some respects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidpoku)
    Exactly but its not exactly "lying" more like getting through the cracks. Bypassing the system.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Exactly but its not exactly "lying" more like getting through the cracks. Bypassing the system.
    Thanks but I think I can do well without having to get "through the cracks". I just want to know how my school so stupid as to reject me when I have performed one of the best. Funnily enough, the school wants me to stay as well but this isn't showing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I think I can do well without having to get "through the cracks". I just want to know how my school so stupid as to reject me when I have performed one of the best. Funnily enough, the school wants me to stay as well but this isn't showing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did they tell you face-to-face? Also do you have advice on how to answer Maths AO3 questions as I find thats what I struggle with them really wordy ones.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Did they tell you face-to-face? Also do you have advice on how to answer Maths AO3 questions as I find thats what I struggle with them really wordy ones.
    Yes, the school has said they want me to stay face-to-face. Also, is that probability questions? Anything specifically you are struggling with? If you have any questions or examples which you can show me, I will help you out.

A03 questions are difficult though, to an extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.