Turn on thread page Beta

Student bank accounts in UK for Britons studying abroad watch

    • Thread Starter

    Can I open a UK student bank account with a bank in the UK whilst studying abroad?

    The reason for this is because a lot of UK student bank accounts offer attractive free overdrafts...

    If your permanent home is in the UK you shouldn't have a problem in opening a UK bank account. It's obviously going to be easier to do it whilst you're still here rather than trying to do it from abroad, but the main problem might be funding a student account - there is an expectation that your student finance will be paid into the account in order to be eligible for the overdraft. Will that be the case for you? And will this be your sole UK account? If so, I can't see a problem
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.