The Student Room Group

How much revision / work do you do per night?

Weekday / weekend?

Scroll to see replies

Probably about five hours per day, two hours revising and three hours doing work.
Original post by Rhythmical
Probably about five hours per day, two hours revising and three hours doing work.

that is a lot, what is your education level and what do you study
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
that is a lot, what is your education level and what do you study

I do A Levels :redface:
At least 7 hrs a day :smile:
I do A Levels :redface:

which A levels and what do you want to study at uni?
Reply 6
Original post by alanaro
Weekday / weekend?

After school around 3-4hrs a night. I often have frees throughout the day where I do another 1-2hrs of work (on average).

On weekends probably a minimum of 10hours total

Posted from TSR Mobile
1-3 hours depending on the amount of frees I have and how much I struggled on a topic.

Imo if I do 12 hours of work a week that would be more than sufficient.
Id say it depends on how many study periods i have in a day, if i have 2 or more ill do in the region of 3 hours, work and revision, and if i have none i do about 3hr 30. Id say it largely depends on your A-levels, something like biology and history take up a LOT of time, whereas you wouldnt need much time for maths revision
Reply 9
I'm currently on gap year but when I was studying/revising for a levels I started doing 6hrs a day from December and increased it every couple of weeks. About a month before exams I was doing about 10 hours a day, some days less, some days more to make up for it. One day I did 14 hours but I felt like I was dying so I didn't do that again.

But hey, it paid off. I exceeded my a2 predictions:smile:
I do about 2 hours of work outside of school daily, maybe some more if I get set a lot in one school day :smile: (I am at AS Level)
While I did A-levels approximately 0 ever.
Original post by KB_97
I'm currently on gap year but when I was studying/revising for a levels I started doing 6hrs a day from December and increased it every couple of weeks. About a month before exams I was doing about 10 hours a day, some days less, some days more to make up for it. One day I did 14 hours but I felt like I was dying so I didn't do that again.

But hey, it paid off. I exceeded my a2 predictions:smile:

What did you achieve and does your time include in school revision, because otherwise that is insane
Reply 13
What did you achieve and does your time include in school revision, because otherwise that is insane

I got A*A*A in chem, maths answers bio respectively. Initially, yes I did count school time but i didn't count it as 6 hours. I counted it as about 3 hours of genuine studying. But we finished the course and had more free periods at school and then eventually went on study leave so yeh towards the end I was doing about 10 hours a day at home.

I did push myself too hard though. I'm not saying you have to do the same as me to get the grades you want. Many revise much less and get the same or better grades. But I felt like I wanted to know everything like the back of my hand specially after my as exams didn't go like I wanted them to.

Although I won't reccomend doing 10hrs a day (even though it worked for me), I do reccomend two things, specially for the science subjects:
1) know the spec really really well
2) do all of the exam papers for your subject from your exam board. And spend a decent amount of time thoroughly marking it as if it's not your own work. Be harsh in marking and learn from mistakes. You begin to see recurring patterns in the answers they're looking for. It makes the exam so much easier no matter what question they throw at you.
Original post by KB_97
I got A*A*A in chem, maths answers bio respectively. Initially, yes I did count school time but i didn't count it as 6 hours. I counted it as about 3 hours of genuine studying. But we finished the course and had more free periods at school and then eventually went on study leave so yeh towards the end I was doing about 10 hours a day at home.

I did push myself too hard though. I'm not saying you have to do the same as me to get the grades you want. Many revise much less and get the same or better grades. But I felt like I wanted to know everything like the back of my hand specially after my as exams didn't go like I wanted them to.

Although I won't reccomend doing 10hrs a day (even though it worked for me), I do reccomend two things, specially for the science subjects:
1) know the spec really really well
2) do all of the exam papers for your subject from your exam board. And spend a decent amount of time thoroughly marking it as if it's not your own work. Be harsh in marking and learn from mistakes. You begin to see recurring patterns in the answers they're looking for. It makes the exam so much easier no matter what question they throw at you.

wow well done, i momentarily forgot about study leave and thought you did 10 hours after school. What course do you plan on studying after gap year, as you pretty much have your pick
Reply 15
Usually 1-2 hours on a weeknight, and it depends a lot on the weekend bc of commitments and stuff but around 3-4 hours - I'm in year 11
Aside from free periods (I'm doing AS) usually an hour every other night excluding homework.
which A levels and what do you want to study at uni?

I study Media (hate it so much lol but it's coursework based) English Literature and English Language and I am picking up Science based subjects this year after A2 and I plan to do Biomedical Science after a year of changing my mind :smile:
Well I'm doing GCSEs in May, and I'm doing 2 to 3 hours a night and 4-5 hours on a Saturday and the same on a Sunday
Wow! I'm always procrastinating. Can u give me some tips?:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest