Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Opening windows in winter? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys leave your bedroom windows open in the winter? I like to have mine open pretty much all the time as I feel a bit claustrophobic otherwise and I like the outside noise anyone else?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Always! I have to have my room really cool because that's what's most relaxing for me.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I cannot sleep in the warmth of the radiators i need it to be freezing!

Spoiler:
    Show

i also wear shorts to sleep regardless of the weather
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I sleep better in the cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Yes! I cannot sleep in the warmth of the radiators i need it to be freezing!

Spoiler:
    Show

i also wear shorts to sleep regardless of the weather

What if you go outside? :curious:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWater)
    What if you go outside? :curious:
    thats another story

ReputationRep:
    I have the window open for a bit during the winter days. I like having fresh air in the house, and people can sometimes get carried away with central heating.

ReputationRep:
    Only in the morning to let air circulate in the bedroom and maybe during the day but not before or during my sleep 🙈
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I love it, but had to stop because of all the spiders and stuff I always have a fan on, but it isn't the same. I love my room to be really cool all year round

ReputationRep:
    All the time but the insects come in

ReputationRep:
    In my last house which me and my husband rented together, we'd have the bedroom window open during the day to air the room out, but closed at night for warmth and to block noise from the street. We moved in with relatives recently while we write up our PhDs. Here the room is really tiny and the family like to have the heating full blast all the time :dry: So I tend to have it open a crack all the time, to keep the air fresh and avoid being toasted alive. I sometimes have to close it because of annoying students partying in neighbouring houses. I really hope I've gotten a job and a new place to live before summer, because I really can't deal with noise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.