Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I thought I'd make a thread for prospective postgraduate students for King's for 2017/18

Here we can talk about everything from offers, accommodation, general questions and whatever comes to mind

I got my offer for digital assets and media management a few months ago, so excited to start the course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)
    Hi guys,

I thought I'd make a thread for prospective postgraduate students for King's for 2017/18

Here we can talk about everything from offers, accommodation, general questions and whatever comes to mind

I got my offer for digital assets and media management a few months ago, so excited to start the course!
    Hello! Thanks for making this thread
    I got my offer for PGDip Child nursing, do you know what you are doing for accomodation yet? Or when you will look to move in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Has anyone had a response for an MSc (Pre-Reg) Physiotherapy application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraRhianeB)
    Hello! Thanks for making this thread
    I got my offer for PGDip Child nursing, do you know what you are doing for accomodation yet? Or when you will look to move in?
    Congratulations 😄 For accommodation I've booked Wood Lane Studio, so not one of King's' options.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Im Taylor- from Sydney, Australia

Been offered a conditional offer for the International Development and Emerging Economies MsC.

Also interested in what everyone is doing for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I booked via Gradpad as I wanted a studio and the ones via kings are EXPENSIVE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)
    I booked via Gradpad as I wanted a studio and the ones via kings are EXPENSIVE
    Yeah they are so expensive!!

Are you from London?

Do you think most post grads fine external accommodation?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanneLM)
    I just accepted my offer for the Finance (asset pricing) MSc. I have booked a room in the 3 bed apartment at Chapter Lewisham.
    Hey!

Crazy- I just looked Chapter Lewisham up- looks amazing! Definitely might consider this!

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you from London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorDeaconKing)
    Yeah they are so expensive!!

Are you from London?

Do you think most post grads fine external accommodation?

Thanks
    No, I'm not from London, I'm an EU student. I think most postgrads are looking into flat shares or external accommodation tbh.

At least for me, I really don't want to live with undergrads, my party days are over haha

ReputationRep:
    I am from Norway actually. Let me know if you chose to go for chapter lewisham, I would really enjoy living with another pg student from KCL.
    Sorry to interrupt, but just wanted to say I'm from Denmark 😄 What are you going to study, again?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have applied to Kings, and I haven't heard anything from them yet, so on what basis to they select the students. The course that I'm doing right now has subjects like chemistry, biochemistry and microbiology and I find them hard which makes it too difficult for me to score and I'm not meeting the expected percentage which is asked by the course and these are the subjects which I'm sure is not going to benefit me in the future if I become a dietician and I have taken nutrition and food science for bachelor's.
    So do I have to consider other university and apply to them or wait for Kings response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)
    No, I'm not from London, I'm an EU student. I think most postgrads are looking into flat shares or external accommodation tbh.

At least for me, I really don't want to live with undergrads, my party days are over haha

Yep thats the same as me... looking for a more chilled out vibe. Thanks for the feedback

ReputationRep:
    I am from Norway actually. Let me know if you chose to go for chapter lewisham, I would really enjoy living with another pg student from KCL.
    I am looking at Chapter Islington as I want to be a little more central I think. Would be good to meet in London anyway, meet some other post grads

ReputationRep:
    Oh, really? Denmark is such a great place.
    I'm going to study finance (asset pricing). How about yourself?
    Thanks!
    Digital asset & media management, which campus is your main one?

ReputationRep:
    Strand and Waterloo campuses. And yours? Have you figured out where you are going to stay?
    Strand
    Yeah, I've booked a studio with gradpad

ReputationRep:
    I looked at those as well. They seem great, I just can't afford it
    They are expensive but to me, so worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I have an offer to study the Modern History MA at King's for 2017/18. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thpeu)
    Hi guys,

Hi! I'm not going to King's College but I will be living in Chapter Lewisham! So I'm looking forward to following this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I have just got an offer to study Environment, Politics and Globalisation, anyone else doing this next month?

Congratulations to all those with offers!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Ive applied to do MSc in International Marketing 2 weeks ago, i was wondering how long it takes for the team to offer/reject an application? I hold an offer for Newcastle but I live in London - any suggestions?

B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.