Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really hate that people often point out that I'm quite feminine. It's not like extreme, I don't talk like a girl but my voice isn't deep, I don't act like a girl but I guess I can be flamboyant. How do I just be normal? How can I make my voice deeper and act more composed/manl? Also what do girls think of this, A guy is who is like a man but lacks that hard edge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really hate that people often point out that I'm quite feminine. It's not like extreme, I don't talk like a girl but my voice isn't deep, I don't act like a girl but I guess I can be flamboyant. How do I just be normal? How can I make my voice deeper and act more composed/manl? Also what do girls think of this, A guy is who is like a man but lacks that hard edge?
    Just be fabulous. Honestly everyone likes different things. Some girls care for deep voices some dont. Honestly its not a huge deal. Also im pretty sure theres no way to deepen your voice unless you want to put it on

ReputationRep:
    You need to be aware of your behaviour all the time. Make a conscious effort to not do feminine things and to do manly things. It is easier said than done though. Habits are hard to change.

ReputationRep:
    There is literally nothing wrong with being flamboyant or emotional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    ^

Be yourself :cool:

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like you've got some sort of Look Book with 'THIS IS A MAN', complee with pictures and links to sound clips of voices...

A man is someone who's confident being whoever they are. It's not collecting together a group of clichés and emulating them. That's sort of the antithesis of manliness.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    just b urself :^)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No-one, in real life, cares.

ReputationRep:
    its really not that deep

(Original post by Sternumator)
    You need to be aware of your behaviour all the time. Make a conscious effort to not do feminine things and to do manly things. It is easier said than done though. Habits are hard to change.
    Well that is what I thought but would it eventually sit in? I just think that it's not who I am, I don't feel like it's me at all.

(Original post by l'etranger)
    I thought the same until people said I was gay / camp when I'm neither so clearly there's an issue with it. I guess it's because naturally I've become quite unconfident so when I try beimg confident that's how it comes out and I guess it doesn't fit me that's why it seems flamboyant/camp... thinking about it, I'd rather be unconfident and true to myself than faking to be confident and getting picked on for it. The only problem is, how do I gain natrual confidence?

ReputationRep:
    how do I gain natrual confidence?
    You could start by not worrying about people thinking you're gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faloodeh)
    its really not that deep
    That's what she said.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same until people said I was gay / camp when I'm neither so clearly there's an issue with it. I guess it's because naturally I've become quite unconfident so when I try beimg confident that's how it comes out and I guess it doesn't fit me that's why it seems flamboyant/camp... thinking about it, I'd rather be unconfident and true to myself than faking to be confident and getting picked on for it. The only problem is, how do I gain natrual confidence?
    A lot of social interaction is about perception rather than hard concepts taken in isolation. If you lack confidence and a sort of dominant aura, people will point at you and say you're girly because you're emotional or flamboyant, but that's not the root cause of the issue, Prince was feminine, but nobody criticised him for it. You have to expand on your positive personal traits and never apologise for being you.

I don't think there is anything particularly admirable about guys who never show emotion ''because it's not manly'', but they're literally changing who they are to gain someone else's acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    You are who you are, pal! Don't try and change your self just because someone has mentioned it to you. The worst thing people try to do, is be someone else. And remember, no one is perfect, everyone has there quirky ways of there own.

Shake and bake 🤜🏻🤛🏻

ReputationRep:
    Start lifting bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    That's what she said.
    Damn it :nooo::mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.