Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can I have some help as I'm choosing my gcse options soon and I wanted to do photography but my teacher said I'd be good at textiles aswell, soon not sure now

Sorry if that didn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    Photography is a bit useless imo but it depends what a levels/career you want to go into?
    Both are a lot of work.
    Also, dont listen to your teachers completely, they just want to make you take their subjects lol

ReputationRep:
    aha okay thanks, I'm not sure what career to take definitely but I was thinking of a career in journalism but I'm still not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dal.b10)
    aha okay thanks, I'm not sure what career to take definitely but I was thinking of a career in journalism but I'm still not sure
    Then textiles is pretty irrelevant idk. You can try media studies if you have that option? Photography is kind of like a bonus/extra but if you enjoy it take it!

ReputationRep:
    No we don't hav media studies and okay thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    can I have some help as I'm choosing my gcse options soon and I wanted to do photography but my teacher said I'd be good at textiles aswell, soon not sure now

I did photography i liked it and managed to pass. I didnt even revise and i didnt take the course seriously, if you work hard you can easily get an A/A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayfi)
    I did photography i liked it and managed to pass. I didnt even revise and i didnt take the course seriously, if you work hard you can easily get an A/A*
    OKay, thank you , I think I'll probably take photography
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

Hey there, Dal.b10!

If you set on doing photography, I would recommend you do an art base subject for GCSEs or a design and media base subject. Later when you apply for college, you can pursue Photograph and learn about it more about the subject then. For you to take Photograph, it is best for you to have at least 5 GCSEs (C or above) to get in. If you want, you can go to university to study it as well!

Feel free to check out Ravensbourne when the time comes.

Goodluck!
    Kay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hey there, Dal.b10!

If you set on doing photography, I would recommend you do an art base subject for GCSEs or a design and media base subject. Later when you apply for college, you can pursue Photograph and learn about it more about the subject then. For you to take Photograph, it is best for you to have at least 5 GCSEs (C or above) to get in. If you want, you can go to university to study it as well!

Feel free to check out Ravensbourne when the time comes.

Goodluck!
    Kay
    Thank you for the advice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.