The Student Room Group

How to make my medicine (graduate entry) application stand out in Oxford?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a Biomedical science student and considering to apply to oxford medicine graduate entry. I want to ask a few questions before deciding whether I should put Oxford on my UCAS choices:

- As the title says: What will make I stand out? I know there are hundreds (if not thousands) of articles talking about this but they are all very generic. A good personal statement or good academic transcript will not have much of an impact as every applicant will have max academic prospects. Also, Oxford does not seem to be very interested in working experience for graduate entry medicine. To make the situation worse, from previous years' threads, most offer holders for grad entry medicine are PhDs. At this point, I feel like the only way for me to stand a chance for Oxford is to (accidentally) invent an omnipotent vaccine :tongue:. Thus, I desperately
need your input on what I should do. Should I try to fluke a mensa membership?

- Also, will I be put at an disadvantage for finishing my degree at a non Russell group universities?

That's all, thanks in advanced everyone
BMAT and interview will be major criteria.

Getting a 1st helps, but being involved in research is probably more important.

Research aptitude and the link to clinical practice is a key thing they look for in interviews and the personal statement.

Most students are former-Oxbridge, but I do not know how that compares to applicant numbers. There certainly are places given to non-russel-group grads.

Quick Reply

Latest