The Student Room Group

Does this happen to Anybody Else?

So I have a Spanish Speaking Exam tomorrow, I've left it to the night before but I atleast know 1/3 of it I'm trying to learn the other 2/3 but it just feels like I can say it as any times as I want and write it down as many times as I want but I still am not retaining it. Has anybody got any advice or a solution for this apart from studying in smaller amounts each day for a longer period of time as that really isn't an option anymore.
Reply 1
Original post by studyhelp101
So I have a Spanish Speaking Exam tomorrow, I've left it to the night before but I atleast know 1/3 of it I'm trying to learn the other 2/3 but it just feels like I can say it as any times as I want and write it down as many times as I want but I still am not retaining it. Has anybody got any advice or a solution for this apart from studying in smaller amounts each day for a longer period of time as that really isn't an option anymore.

Fake it, till you make it
Original post by Dafock
Fake it, till you make it

What do you mean
Original post by studyhelp101
What do you mean

I made the mistake of memorising the first paragraph which was really good, then I tripped on the next 2. So my advice is to know what messages you need to deliver. Condense this as much as possible so that you have enough content to get you the grade you want, but also so that it will be easier to remember.

Now here comes the real part.

1) Memorise line-by-line, until you can recite the whole paragraph. Do this for each paragraph. Use memorisation techniques such as visualisation and flash cards.
2) Break each paragraph up into its sentences (in spanish). Cut these into paper strips. Shuffle them on the table. Rearrange them. Read the passage in spanish - slowly and carefully, thinking actively in your mind what you are actually saying.
3) Re-Shuffle. Repeat
4) Take a 20 minute break.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 at least 3 times in total, but this time cut the strips in half.
6) Get enough sleep
7) It is now morning. Repeat steps 1-3. Tell your family member it - ask them if they'd be willing to hear your for 5-10 minutes. Say it slowly.
8) Drink water
9) do some vocal exercises
10) Tell your classmate everything and pinpoint your weaknesses and ask them to tell you their speech.

Tell me if this helped, if you've done it.

Quick Reply

Latest