The Student Room Group

How hard would 4 A levels be?

My school recommends we take 3 A levels but do allow exceptions. I want to take English lit, Spanish, Psychology and BTEC Music. Would this be too much? I figure BTEC Music is less writing and more performing and so wouldn't be so much more. Am I underestimating here? I'm really not sure. Thanks x
I am currently doing Psychology along with additional 3 A Levels, and the amount of content there is, is too much. It does get quite difficult, but in order to manage all of your subjects you need to be very organised. It is beyond difficult, but nothing you wouldnt be able to do.
Original post by OKD
My school recommends we take 3 A levels but do allow exceptions. I want to take English lit, Spanish, Psychology and BTEC Music. Would this be too much? I figure BTEC Music is less writing and more performing and so wouldn't be so much more. Am I underestimating here? I'm really not sure. Thanks x

It's not that bad at all. Granted you'll have more work but if you're organised and stay on top of it then you'll be fine.
You could always do 4 and drop down to 3 in the second year. That's what I've done. I'm a second year doing biology, chemistry and maths right now. I also did AS economics and the EPQ last year as well. It's hard work but if you can do 4 and want to (obviously if they let you as well) then go for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest