• Community Assistant

(Original post by sarah1001)
    1 February

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There hasn't been an official release date yet ? What's your source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    There hasn't been an official release date yet ? What's your source
    I saw on another thread it opens on the 30th of january!
    • Community Assistant

(Original post by Shadrack97)
    I saw on another thread it opens on the 30th of january!
    link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    link?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4460576
    • Community Assistant

wow thank you for this info.

Not sure why an official sfe rep has said that publicly - nothing else has been made public and that date has never been brought up to me - very strange. Maybe the rep is right! we will find out

ReputationRep:
    That thread is from December. The official TSR reps from SFE are now saying February/March and cannot give a date:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4525154

Looks like the plans have slipped a bit since last month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    That thread is from December. The official TSR reps from SFE are now saying February/March and cannot give a date:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4525154

Looks like the plans have slipped a bit since last month.
    I think that they are saying february/march, as to not set expectations, if they state a date and its not open on that date people wont be happy!
    Trust me, theyll open early february as thats when they tend to open (excluding last year)
    • Community Assistant

(Original post by Shadrack97)
    I think that they are saying february/march, as to not set expectations, if they state a date and its not open on that date people wont be happy!
    Trust me, theyll open early february as thats when they tend to open (excluding last year)
    The rep was wrong as I expected.

I'll know the release date before anyone

It's looking like 12th February right now that they are implementing it so probably online for the public on the 13th
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Keep an eye on the website. It's usually around Feb / March time. Sure when it does open, someone will announce it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Keep an eye on the website. It's usually around Feb / March time. Sure when it does open, someone will announce it.
    It should definitely be around mid february, it opened quite late last year..

ReputationRep:
    The website still says you can't apply for academic year 2017/18 yet... Does anyone have any updated info? We're getting pretty late into Feb now

ReputationRep:
    It's open now

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to apply for an 2017/2018 MSc, I can find my course but the date below it is Sep 2016 and not 2017. Have anyone tried to apply and have the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_v)
    I have tried to apply for an 2017/2018 MSc, I can find my course but the date below it is Sep 2016 and not 2017. Have anyone tried to apply and have the same problem?
    It looks like only undergrad SF applications are open at the moment. You'll have to keep checking back to the application and wait for Postgraduate Loan applications to open. And before you ask, judging from the discussions in this thread, nobody knows when that will be - even SF employees work on info which changes regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    It looks like only undergrad SF applications are open at the moment. You'll have to keep checking back to the application and wait for Postgraduate Loan applications to open. And before you ask, judging from the discussions in this thread, nobody knows when that will be - even SF employees work on info which changes regularly.
    Klix88 thanks you really much for your reply! Indeed, it seems like they are not open for postgraduate SF yet. At least not for the taught programs, for some research MSc programs you can apply now AFAIK.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.